Calling ALL BRITISH Malifools!

Malandres

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never make top 6.

I think the two teams could be a good idea (A & B team) so I shall see if the various countries could field two teams.

The European countries I have plans for after this (if this works out).

I do want to run an ETC.

I shall leave the Brum games expo for you, I don't want to step on my mentors toes after all!!

Hopefully chat more about this when you are back

I like february too, it would give plenty of time to arrange and organise as well as several months to get used to book 4, and again its in the quiet spot after the madness and general tournament density leading up to november, and december/january is always busy around christmas, exams and the like.

Personally couldn't do October(6 birthdays that month, wouldn't here end of it) or December (no time off work) but could still organise team, February is better imho. Might be able to stretch to 6 person team, but we are all limited on tourney experience (don't think any of us have done one) but for the craic why not :)

Stockport would rock, spent a few years in Manchester and it is very accessible, but anywhere close to an airport would do the trick

@CunningStunt: Do you have a website for NWGC or if you are around there maybe chat to the guys there and see if they could house a 30 man Tournament (5 Teams of 6 people), also is there plenty of hotels etc around there?

@Schism: I have PM'd your local henchman (Daemonkin) to find out about your area, but I am glad you have gotten in touch, I wouldn't worry about Tournament experience as I am aiming for this to be mainly a great meet with other guys from around our Islands with the tournament being an added bonus.

Hopefully we can get at least 1 team from each country and make this a yearly thing that is looked forward to by all :)

He DOES have the biggest hat.

That is very, very true, so February is the date, I will try and find out when the half term from school/college is and try to have it one of them weekends.

Now just to get the captains for each nation sorted so they can pick their teams.

Team England Captain:

Team Wales Captain: Dumb Luck?

Team Scotland Captain:

Team Ireland Captain: Mergoth?

Team Northern Ireland Captain:

Ok, so I know that Team England Captain will be hotly contested so I have come up with a plan....The Captain will be offered to the GT winner in November, if they decline it, it will go to the 2nd place then 3rd respectively, if they still decline then it goes to Joel on as he has volunteered himself (remember Captains pick their teams)

@Schism: I have PM'd your local henchman (Daemonkin) to find out about your area, but I am glad you have gotten in touch, I wouldn't worry about Tournament experience as I am aiming for this to be mainly a great meet with other guys from around our Islands with the tournament being an added bonus.

Didn't get pm. We have chatted about it a few times, a mate wants to henchman, there is a rumour of one at TTN, but none of the players ever see him. Also, the rural nature of NI means that a lot of people will never see a henchman. Don't feel Malifaux is one that can be too serious competition anyway, the joy of it in my mind :)

I think we could maybe have some extra teams in (on top of the 5 countries) the tournament, as just the 5 teams could be quite quickly over...

To me a format should be worked out before extra teams are added or considered, my 2p

Edit(forgot to say):I would put myself forward for Team NI captain, just so it's sorted and can move forward, if someone else wants it we can play for it :)

Edited by Schism 93

Mike I think you're going to struggle to win Spoons at the GT.

Don't say that, my whole malifaux persona is built around being rubbish. If I don't finish bottom I have nothing left. The podcast (malifools.podbean.com or iTunes :) ) would have nothing to differentiate itself from all the others. Pink would become a hated colour. I would probably have to go and play Bushido instead!!!!

Perhaps I could just use Molly as my master

Do recognise that there are many keen tournament players who might not have seen this thread.

If you really want this to be representative of the best England (or any other country) has to offer then I would be wary of nominating a team captain and leaving it to him to choose his team.

I'd suggest using the UK GT to choose team members, offering the positions to the highest placed player from each faction. Those invited (by right) can choose their captain and if any decline then they can also choose other team members.

You might want to consider a preliminary team tournament using the proposed format with teams drawn up from any groupings the players desire. Even if this only draws local support, it would allow you to check the format and iron out any wrinkles. If you don't want to wait til the GT to appoint the team, then this might be an alternative route to choosing representatives.

Do recognise that there are many keen tournament players who might not have seen this thread.

If you really want this to be representative of the best England (or any other country) has to offer then I would be wary of nominating a team captain and leaving it to him to choose his team.

I'd suggest using the UK GT to choose team members, offering the positions to the highest placed player from each faction. Those invited (by right) can choose their captain and if any decline then they can also choose other team members.

You might want to consider a preliminary team tournament using the proposed format with teams drawn up from any groupings the players desire. Even if this only draws local support, it would allow you to check the format and iron out any wrinkles. If you don't want to wait til the GT to appoint the team, then this might be an alternative route to choosing representatives.

How about a day where all interested in being part of team england attend at a location (such as maelstrom) for a day's gaming so that the captain, or at least a committee, can make selections? Ability is one thing, but being part of a team means being dedicated to it - and initially that'll mean taking people who a) can and B) will show up to everything required by the team - and that might not be the best by ability.

The first year of teh WFB ETC, the team was the 8 guys who could afford the time and money - to some extent that team still is as some top-flight players can't manage one or the other - but has become higher skilled as the years have passed.

we're just at the start of this process.