Sonia vs. dreamer question.

Joel

Question

Interesting question came up today in a game.

Dreamer was up on top of a ht4 building with a couple of daydreams. Sonia used magical seeker (can target models with high casting without needing LoS) to target the dreamer.

This conflicts with the dreamer's shadowy form (cannot be targetted if a nightmare is within 3").

What should have happened?

we played it that Sonia could target the dreamer.

Later in the same game, Sonia tried it again when both the dreamer (and the daydream within 3" of him) were in plain sight of her.

Would this have changed what would have happened?

3 answers to this question

The shadowy form says a Nightmare within 3" that could have been targeted by the Action.

So, in the first case Sonnia would be able to target the Dreamer since the Daydreams would not be a legal target.

Second case you should target the Daydream instead, since it's whithin 3" from Dreamer, and LoS from Sonnia (assuming the Daydream is in range.

Later in the same game, Sonia tried it again when both the dreamer (and the daydream within 3" of him) were in plain sight of her.

Would this have changed what would have happened?

From where I was standing the Daydream was out of LoS hence why I ruled it that way. In a way I'm glad this happened to you, as you are quite new to the game, and these things happening lets you prepare for them in case you face a Sonnia player in the future who knows this trick.

Just one of those things that happens once, and you have to learn from it.