Is Wyrd supporting the Gencon Painting competition this year?

odinsgrandson

I've looked a few places online, and I haven't found anything official. Wyrd has been doing manufacturer prize support for the Gencon painting competition every year for a while.

This year, I haven't found any word on it, so I was wondering if something changed. I know they supported the Crystal Brush at Adepticon this year, I just hope it didn't replace the Gencon support.

Wish I knew. I'm hoping to find out myself. The GenConMiniPainting page hasn't been updated since March, and I haven't seen anything here either.

I wrote an email to the person in charge, and she told me that the only new entry since March was that Reaper adding an award for Heavy Gear minis.

Wyrd has supported a Best of Wyrd category for quite a while- longer than Malifaux has been around (they used to have a 50mm zombie chihuahua mini as the trophy). Last year, I felt like the number of Wyrd minis in the case was quite a bit higher than before, and they totally dominated the squad/group category with Malifaux crews.

I'd be a little sad to see it go away. Of course, the reason we don't have an official response right now might be because someone from Wyrd is going back and forth with Amy Steggman right now, and they don't want to half-announce anything.

I'd be a little sad to see it go away. Of course, the reason we don't have an official response right now might be because someone from Wyrd is going back and forth with Amy Steggman right now, and they don't want to half-announce anything.

That is my bet as well. Wyrd is big on sponsoring Painting contests so I am hoping its just something that is being worked out along with the other million things that are being planned before Gencon

• 1 month later...

I happened to be talking to Amy and Noel from MHE right now (she's working on the Gencon Mini Painting website right now, which I happen to host on my server, but I digress) so I asked her finally. The answer is No, Wyrd never got back to them so there is no Wyrd painting contest this year.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope Eric and Nathan don't mind me passing this info on for them. I just happen to be talking to the ladies in question who would have the answers.

I happened to be talking to Amy and Noel from MHE right now (she's working on the Gencon Mini Painting website right now, which I happen to host on my server, but I digress) so I asked her finally. The answer is No, Wyrd never got back to them so there is no Wyrd painting contest this year.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope Eric and Nathan don't mind me passing this info on for them. I just happen to be talking to the ladies in question who would have the answers.

I am sorry to hear that. Well thanks to Eric and Nathan for running it in the past! Hopefully you guys will decide its worth doing again.