Newby Question - Reanimator

jwfortune

Question

I am ressers playing a Nicodem crew. On opponents turn, Mortimer is killed right next to Nico leaving a corpse counter. On my turn, I activate Nico who picks up the counter with his first action. He then casts Reanimator getting the 16 with crows needed. He sacrifices the counter just picked up to bring in a punk zombie.

Is this how that spell works?

Thanks,

John

6 answers to this question

Yes that would be correct, although he can use any counter on the ground within 6" of him when he casts the spell. So does not need to use any activations to pick up the counter, though if in b2b he gets it automatically i believe.

A few points based upon your description

1. You do not need to pick up the counter as reanimator can use any corpse counter within 6 inches of Nicodem, including ones he is carrying but not counters OTHER models are carrying.

2. You do not use an action to "pick up" a corpse counter, unless you meant that you had to move to the counter itself. In other words, if it was in base to base with Nicodem, he simply gets to take it without using an action.

EDIT: .... aaand, ninja'ed

You can bring in any model that fits the requirements, it doesn't have to be part of your crew! Being able to add extra undead to your ranks makes up for the slower movement they suffer from.

As Twisted Metal says, don't forget to draw an extra card for Reanimator, I always forget!