New to res

boda317

Hey everyone,

i have been playing this game for about 2 moths now and i love it. Coming from a gw fan boy that is hard for me to say. I have LCB and he is great for me, but i started nico because i like the way he looks and the whole zombie theme. On that note i have no idea how to run him or what i should buy on top of the box set. Can someone out there help me out with this problem...

You are going to need some flesh contructs, maybe a rogue necromancy, mindless zombies, and Bete Noire goes good with Nicodem also. I hear grave spirit as a totem is good. You will need all the extra stuff for summons as Nicodem is very good at that.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

There's a bit of information on Nicodem over here. I'm not too familiar with him myself, so I can't offer much more help.

So no on punk zombies and yes on crooked men? If that is what works for you. Players are like the Resurrectionist masters themselves, each one summons differently.

Also take a look over at the pull my finger wiki http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Nicodem

I will say as a fellow dreamer/nico player that it can take a game or two to get used to the huge differences in play style. 2 huge ones that spring to mind.

1) You are not mobile. I didn't realize how easy it is to get in and out of combat and around the table with Dreamer until I switched to Nico. Instead of flying across the table, you're going to hike to about the middle of the table and likely set up shop there.

2) You are a support caster. Nico is at his best standing just outside combat tossing spells around. Just toss around decay and Rigor Mortis into the combats while his bolstered minions carve stuff up.

You will want a fir bit of the Resser range when you play Nicodem just because his summons are so exhaustive. He likes pretty well anything that has the undead characteristic so he can bolster them. Be flexible in your mindset on what type of models you want to acheive you strategy and schemes and that will serve you well.

So no on punk zombies and yes on crooked men? If that is what works for you. Players are like the Resurrectionist masters themselves, each one summons differently.

Not exactly - it's "no" on paying soulstones for Punk Zombies. They're usually killed on their way up to melee, and cost a higher price than others. Crooked Men die as well, but have Ranged Options, so they can be doing damage as they move up the field, and when they die, they can be raised as Punk Zombies already in melee. That way your models are working for you the whole way. Plus, you save a Soulstone for purchasing your crew.