Ramos' Override, Slaughter and friendly

Poltron

Question

Hi!

I've been able to use Override for the first time this weekend on 7 contructs, 3 of them mine, all already in melee with each other. My opponent had 4 ice gamins and I had 2 spiders and Ramos.

Each of them is supposed to be friendly when I "activate" them for the 1 action or Charge.

Here's 2 questions that came up:

Let's say I choose to charge with one of his gamin and need to move out of melee range of another one of his gamin first (who failed the test), can he do a disengaging strike with his gamin, or are all contructs who failed considered friendly until Ramos' activation is over?

If I could kill one of my own guy with his gamin (I had slaugther and one of my spider was gonna die anyway), would he still grab the points for the spider or would it count as me killing it?

Thanks!

Poltron

5 answers to this question

Not 100% sure, but this is how I think it works: A model is only friendly to you while you are actually performing the (1) action or charge with it. This means the second gamin would be entitled to the DE strike against the one you were controlling. It also means you would get points for killing things with the gamin you control, but if that gamin dies during that action (from a second gamin that explodes, for instance) you would not get kill credit for that.

I'd always assumed it was the other way, actually...

The gamin still counts as HIS (your opponents) even though you're making an action with it. HIS gamin would not be able to make a disengaging strike, though YOUR spiders could, if you wanted to. In the same vein, if you killed one of your own spiders, that would be points for HIM, however if you killed a gamin, with a gamin, that would be points for YOU :)

Wow thats confusing :P

Haha sure is! I can see both sides of your ideas as valid. Thanks for your input. In fact I played it with a merge of your two ideas.

If anyone can point me to a rule, errata, etc that could make it crystal clear, me and my favorite opponent (me) would love that!

I'd always assumed it was the other way, actually...

The gamin still counts as HIS (your opponents) even though you're making an action with it. HIS gamin would not be able to make a disengaging strike, though YOUR spiders could, if you wanted to. In the same vein, if you killed one of your own spiders, that would be points for HIM, however if you killed a gamin, with a gamin, that would be points for YOU :)

Wow thats confusing :P

I'm not entirely sure about my version (but still reasonably so), but based on previous rulings I'm pretty sure this isn't correct. For example, when Obeying an enemy model with a ranged weapon it cannot use that ranged weapon if it is in the melee range of a model that belongs to your opponent, because it is considered to be enganged in melee. Same for disengaging strikes.