Damage reduction vs. wound reduction

Chronostrider

Question

Alternate thread title: Are Mannequins really that flimsy?

As a frequent Colette player, this is something that's come up for me a few times. According to what I've been taught, any damaging attack will inflict at least one Wound, regardless of abilities like Armor or traits like Object. But I can't find this anywhere in the book, though I may just be overlooking it.

I can understand why Wound reduction would still potentially allow one Wound to get through (it would be kind of silly for a simple Mannequin to be impervious to everything that wouldn't one-shot Colette, for example), but I don't understand how a 3 damage hit on a Mannequin would still inflict a Wound after the Armor +3 reduces the damage to 0. I'm aware that 0 damage isn't the same as No damage and that other effects still go through, but...

Do you see why I'm confused yet? ^_^; Please, help me clarify this!

3 answers to this question

Rules Manual (RM) page 10

Object: <blah blah> Reduce the number of Wd suffered by a nodel with the Object characteristic by the number (#) indicated, to a minimum of 1.

RM pg 115

Armor +#: Reduce the Dg this model suffers by the indicated number (#) down to a minimum of 1 Dg. This is cumulative with any other type of Armor.

At the end of the day, it could be imbalanced if armor and object reduced to 0. Mannequins are already pretty tough to take down since they only take 1 wound from most attacks inflicting up to 6 Dg.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Darn Ninja Rat.