All-Kill List

MrKittens

Hey folks, a second question from a new player, so long as I'm here:

Has anyone ever tried an all-instant-kill list before? I'm thinking Nino and Hans for Headshot, an Executioner with Decapitate, and perhaps a couple of Guild Guards for durable board control and interference models? This seems like a strong tactic to play to; one Headshot is just the two worst cards out of your opponent's hand. Three of them would become impossible to stop! Also, between Hans and Nino, you can get Headshot off of two different suits.

Does anyone have experience running this?

IIRC there was a thread in here a while back, maybe on page 2, that had a sonnia? list centred around this. It looked brutal, and a lot of fun :P

I probably wouldnt take hans. Jack daw maybe, but I think hans is way overcosted for him to be useful.

The problem you will run into is most models with an instant kill ability are very expensive. So you will be running a very low model count list. So even if you manage to table your opponent you may have a hard time complete your Strategies

The problem you will run into is most models with an instant kill ability are very expensive. So you will be running a very low model count list. So even if you manage to table your opponent you may have a hard time complete your Strategies

That's part of what I was looking for: minimum requirements to make a kill-themed list/approach work, but enough models to go around. I was looking at Nino and the Executioner primarily because we don't pay an out-of-faction cost for them, and Hans since he isn't ridonculously priced, and can do his thing from afar, where he's most likely to reap returns on his investment. What might make this theme function at, say, 30 stones? What might be a good base-line trooper to make it work (marshals, stalkers, etc.)?

Also, the master I was thinking of running was Perdita. Since this list would be relatively trigger-focused, her card flow from Gamble would set her up for better scenarios. Does that all make sense?

Assuming 35ss the best three to take in my humble opinion would be jack daw, nino, and the executioner so that would be 24ss then take a watcher for objectives (27ss) and on your preferance 1-2 witchling stalkers leaving perdita with 3ss or 7ss depending on how much you would need them. Potentially you could run 3 dogs as well instead of witchling/ watcher combo and have 5ss.

I have never actually tried to include all 3 however I have often run 2 of the above 3 and it is really cool in that one of our tertiary plans with a type of list like that is you our attacking the opponents hand which influences how they play in addition to having dita and watcher/dogs due things (vp's) while having 2 or 3 models killing/attacking/disrupting opposing crew or hand.

I have recently started playing, and my usual opponent and I play 35ss (I use Perdita at the moment).

I have used nino and the executioner in my last 6 games, and they are great at reducing an opponent's hand, and keeping an obey near them is great, as it gives you a chance to fire them off, and then go for a headshot when your opponent can't prevent it.

While they both use crow, keeping a high mask for rapid fire for Nino increases your chance to flip a natural crow, and with his cb of 9, you don't often need as high a card to headshot them :D