Shikome, Single Minded & summons

Hjelmen

Question

I've been on the receiving end of a Kirai/Shikome facesplitter many a time before, and suddenly, I got to thinking.

Single Minded reads:

Before the Initiative Flip on turn 1, this model's controller must nominate an enemy model in play as this model's Prey. [···]

How does this interact with Kirai summoning a Shikome? The Shikome isn't in play at the time of the nomination as part of Single Minded, and probably haven't even been hired for the crew, so as I understand, Single Minded should'nt "activate". We have always played it so that the Shikome gets to choose it's prey when it enters play, but Single Minded, or any other rule on the Shikome for that matter, doesn't actually support that.

I'm getting closer to the opinion that when summoned, the Shikome has to use New Prey to actually get a prey, because of the above wording in Single Minded.

Please, could you explain to me where I've got this wrong? In as great detail as you can muster, if you please *grin*

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I think you're missing a part on single minded. It selects a prey when being summoned too.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Single minded reads "before the initiAtive flip on turn 1, or when summoned, this model's controller must nominate an enemy model in play as this model's prey."