Underground Brawling in the 'FAUX...

Golden

Question

This is an unconventional rules thread and here's why-

My Malifaux group has diversity in factions played, not uncommon Id guess. We also tend to enjoy Brawl-like team games, doubt that makes us unique either.

But what do you guys do when the two people teaming up don't have or don't want to play the same faction, or use compatible masters?

For mixed faction teams we don't allow faction specific strategies, and Ive been weighing out the mandatory selection of one specific master scheme in these cases.

For instance the team of Lilith and McMourning would not be able to choose Death After Death, Army of the Dead, Kidnap, or Reclaim Malifaux. And with the added limitation of having to choose either Mother's Love or That Ones a Keeper.

While those who choose to play the same faction or compatible masters have free run of any schemes they are legally able to choose. (Still no Assassinate, Lay These Souls to Rest, and Contain Power)

What I want to know is, what do you guys do with your team games?

1 answer to this question

I played in a team tournament a few months back and if i remember right they didnt restrict what masters you could play, but each part of the team only got one strat. so i as dreamer could take kidnap or reclaim malifaux or my crummy master one, and my lady J teammate could take whatever she wanted, but we couldnt as a team take both kidnap and reclaim malifaux