Guild Hounds & Lucius

Buchanan

Question

First of all hello, I am a bit new to Forum as large as this so I apologise if this post has already been made or is in the wrong place!

My queery is concerning the Guild Hounds, "Guild Kennel" rule, this rule claims that I am given an additional Ss for every 2 Guild Hounds hired at the start of the encounter, but it also says that the maximum number of Ss rule applies.

If I am reading the henchman rule correctly in a 35ss game when I take Lucius (a henchman who gives an additional 4ss) I will then have 39ss to spend on units. But this means the maximum number of Ss lucius can take is 4.

So does this mean that due to the fact that I take lucius means that the Guild Kennel rule does not apply?

Much appreciate any help and if anyone knows how to change your profile picture aswell that would be handyy, sorry bit of a noob!

much obliged

Buch.

7 answers to this question

First of all, welcome.

To begin with, henchman work slightly differently. If they are acting as masters, their soul stone cache is added to the stones used to hire a crew. In other words, if you select Lucius as your master in a 35 point game, instead of having 35 stones, you have 39 which you can use to hire a crew as you like.

As an example:

35 point game

Lucius +4ss

(39 soul stones)

Hire 2 Guild Hounds at 3 points each

(Drops your available pool to 33 soul stones, but Guild Kennel gives you 1ss that can be used in game)

Hire 3 Guild Guard at 4 points each

(Drops your pool to 21, +1 from Guild Kennel)

Hire Guild Guard Captain at 7ss

(Drops you to 14, + the 1ss from Guild Kennel)

Hire two Austringer at 5ss each

(Drops you to 4, + the 1ss from Guild Kennel)

Hire the Dill Sergeant (I think he is 3ss)

(Drops you to 1, +1 the 1ss from Guild Kennel)

So, your total ss cache to play with will be 2

In other words Guild Kennel will provide 1 addition SS that Lucius can have to use in game. From what I understand, this soul stone can not be used to hire models, and since he can spend the 4 he brings with him, unlike a typical Master, this works even better with him, in my opinion.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Hugor

Not exactly.

A Henchman gets his Soul stone pool added to his total number of Stones for hire. So if Lucius is leading a 30 stone crew he has 34 stones to work with. The Maximum number of stones a Henchman can start the game with is equal his pool(so 4).

So Lucius list could look like this

8 Guild hounds 3 x 8 = 24

2 Austringers 5 x 2 = 34

0 Soul stone left to spend. Starting Cache 4(1 for each pair of dogs)

First of thanks for the incredibly speedy reply, I think I am goingto like this forum, and thanks for the welcome!

So if I am getting this right I cannot excede Lucius's 4 soulstones so I might aswell spend 37ss get 2 pairs of dogs and that would bringme back to 4ss

Buch.

at the top of this page, if you hit the forum link which brings you to the list of different areas, the rules discussion is where your topic is currently showing, two down from that is faction discussion. If you go into faction discussion there is one for guild, though this question seems to me better here in rules, thats usually more for tactics and stuff like that...