New to Seamus and need advice

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually he brought 4 pigs and a pigapult even. The pigs just died quickly because they couldn't hit when they needed to, and then were lured into Seamus'/Sue's kill range. Those two make a great killing pair lol.

Glad to hear Sue is working out, seeing has I've also got Sue for my Seamus crew. On paper it looks like they have some good synergy and its nice to hear good things from the tabletop :)

Actually he brought 4 pigs and a pigapult even. The pigs just died quickly because they couldn't hit when they needed to, and then were lured into Seamus'/Sue's kill range. Those two make a great killing pair lol.

It definately sucks when the pigs aren't hitting (though against the generally low Df of the Ressers it is usually not a huge concern)!

Also rather surprised that the pigs were getting lured into danger so easily, (Sooey! usually does a great job of countering this).

However, if the cards are against you then there isn't much you can really do.

It's not that he never got the Sooey! trigger off...just that I think he thought that he would be able to survive the attacks and keep his good positioning. I think that he might have regretted doing that now.

But now I'm coming to a conundrum. My local GS is running the Story Encounters from Adepticon and as a new Resser player, I'm unsure as to the best way to play through them. We really don't have any Guild players left, I was the only one and when I quit playing there's no one left, but we have a lot of Outcast players. This really worries me because I'm horrible at playing Reconnoiter. What kind of Seamus list would actually work for this Strategy? Or is this just one of those ones where I'm going to have to give up points and focus on denying my opponent points as well?

It's not that he never got the Sooey! trigger off...just that I think he thought that he would be able to survive the attacks and keep his good positioning.

Your thinking of the Squeel trigger which wouldn't really have affected his positioning just increased his survivability (by moving him out of melee range). If anything it can be used to line up better Swine Dashes on juicier targets. Soeey! works for positioning pigs regardless of whether or not it is successfully cast (on failure you just have to cheat any resulting attack flips down).

Also Pigs are definately not burly enough to stand and trade blows with a target (that is the reason the "Pig Boomerang" tactic is so good for them).