Mindless Zombie Proxies. These are damn nice!

Evilbleachman

Today I found a box of victorian based zombies and I HAD to buy them to use for the future in a Nicodem based game. I generally prefer to purchase the original models and not to use proxies. Problem is, I really dislike the MZs Wyrd has to offer. I just think the models are too dull and boring to fit in with the awesome models the game has otherwise to offer. So on this rare occasion I purchased proxies. (I will probably end up ordering 10 MZ cards from the shop, so I have them to accompany the game.)

Here they are:

post-10280-13911923125205_thumb.jpg

I got to see some of the west wind models for Empire of the Dead tonight and can vouch for the casting quality. Although it was models for a different faction, they all looked very clean indeed.

P.s. Empire of the Dead looks to be very interesting. A victoriana skirmish game with campaign rules. Yes please!

Wyrd's mindless zombies are pretty cool, the only problem I have with them is the fact there are no models in the game that look like the zombies if they were alive. I mean there is a guy in a suit, a big oaf, and the pilgrim lady? It would have been really cool if wyrd made zombie version of the other factions models, and not just guild. Maybe a zombie showgirl, zombie nephilim, or even a zombie gremlin.

It would have been really cool if wyrd made zombie version of the other factions models, and not just guild. Maybe a zombie showgirl, zombie nephilim, or even a zombie gremlin.

Well we have Dead Doxy's and Guild Autopsies now, but yes, I agree with this.

Shouldn't be too difficult to Zombify existing models though I would have thought.

Indeed. I am very pleased with the models. They look nice and are fitting, if you ask me. The only problem some people might have is that they are about a 'head' shorter than most Wyrd miniatures. I personally do not really find this utterly terrible, as there are varying sizes in models. Plus they look so damn good. Haha.

Actually I do not really need more zombie models as such. There is a distinct difference between zombies and animated dead. Most Resser models and minions are actually animated dead that can do more than groan and eat. Which are the only two things zombies can do.

Zombies can't wield guns like Guild Autopsies or use their female charms (or whatever is left of it) to seduce and lure victims into ambushes like Doxies or Belles.

If we were to get more 'zombified' versions of already existing models from other factions, I would prefer the animated dead version so I can use them instead of having brainless zombies lurk around. Haha.