Lucius

teramaze

I have a few question about how Lucius works or is to work ? The first deals with Advanced Planning?

If the The Encounter set up order is

1. Choose Encounter Size

2. Choose Factions

3. Choose Encounter Location

4. Choose Deployment Type

5. Determine Strategies

6. Hire Crew

7. Choose Schemes

8. Deploy Crews

Rules Manual page 120

Advanced Planning: If a Crew containing this model used a Soulstone to reflip for Strategy when selecting a Strategy, it gain one soulstone to its Soulstone Cache.

Lucius Card

Ok how can I gain the soulstone when the reflip happens in step 5 and have a crew that could contain lucius does not happen until step 6.

Now on to the second question

(0) Advanced Training: Auras 8. Friendly Elite Division or Guardsman Gain +2 CB until the end of this model’s Activation.

Lucius Card

Is this right it only last until end of his activation so it only helps him or the ones under issue command if they are within range?

Edited by teramaze

First question -- If you reflipped and then you hire Lucius, your cache ends up being +1. The timing may read a little funny, but the function is straightforward. Did you reflip your strategy? If yes, is Lucius in your crew? If yes, cache +1.

Second question - Yes.

As much as i would like it to be, I believe that he cannot have a cache of 5. Simply because his maximum starting Soul Stone Pool cannot go above his Henchman Resource bonus. Though I believe if there were was an in game effect you can go above the number like masters do. Soul Stone Cache is what is added at the end after hiring models but before the encounter begins. Hope that makes sense?

(0) Advanced Training: :aura 8. friendly Elite Division or Guardsman gain +2 Cb until the end of this model’s Activation.

Is this right it only last until end of his activation so it only helps him or the ones under issue command if they are within range?

That's right, but it doesn't effect Lucius himself - auras do not affect the model they originate from unless stated to do so. It will only affect the models that you use Issue Command on. (Try it with an Austringer!)