Dodging with Aces

So because an ace is worth double its suit...if you dodge with one your defence now has double suit in it? So your opponent would need to play 2 cards to beat it?

And with combat you flip cards up to your combat stat but ONLY pick one to use even if you flip 4-5, so that means your opponent would have to pay at least 1 card from his hand unless he used the same ace as you and flipped an = or higher number?

So because an ace is worth double its suit...if you dodge with one your defence now has double suit in it? So your opponent would need to play 2 cards to beat it?

And with combat you flip cards up to your combat stat but ONLY pick one to use even if you flip 4-5, so that means your opponent would have to pay at least 1 card from his hand unless he used the same ace as you and flipped an = or higher number?

Basically, yup! Aces are very powerful as Dodge cards. Remember that the ace also flips another card to determine it's value if you want.

So you could get a Ace of :masks and then flip a 12 of something for a 12 :masks:masks df.

• 2 weeks later...

I save my aces for dodging, but there are ways around it, such as a puppet that has a magic weapon like Misaki or Pokey Vik. However, I pay attention to what suit my opponent is using when I dodge. For instance, if I am playing against Seamus, I use crows in my defense when I can. If I don't dodge, I still get a crows card out of my opponent's hand.

hmm I suppose you could use baby kades equipment cute button nose on a puppet with a suit already in theyre defense to have a permanent 2 suit defense puppet? Dirty. :P

You could also add in Seamus' Scary Face Free action to really up the Df of a Puppet using an Ace and/ or Baby Kades Cute BUtton Nose Upgrade (a bit resource intensive but will usually force your opponent to dump a control hand to succesfully attack that puppet).

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Also for clarification (since I made the mistake in the past as I'm sure others have) Aces are powerful but remember that if you flip another Ace (after the first one) its value is 1.

You dont add another double suit and flip another card, i.e. Ace of :masks, Ace of :crows = 1 :masks :masks not :masks :masks :crows :crows + another card.