Myranda and Transform

Oscilioth

Question

Hi,

Bit of confusion over Transform, if Myranda transforms she exchanges her Statistics with that of the model she transforms to, she does not gain their Spells, instead retaining her own.

What happens to the Talents? I would have assumed she lost hers and gained the models, but reading the Pullmyfinger Wiki it says Transforming into a Cerberus can allow her to stack Melee Expert with Two Headed. So does she use her own Talents and the transformed models? Has somebody just written in the wrong thing?

Thanks guys.

10 answers to this question

(+1)Melee expert and (+2) Three-headed are two different talents, so yes, the extra attacks stack.

What I was wondering about, however, is whether or not you can use your melee expert attack after you transform. The reasoning behind this is that you gain your AP at the start of your activation, and after the transformation you continue your activation with the remaining AP. Any thoughts?

I think it would depend on how transformation is worded. For example what a master manifests if they have Melee Expert in both forms, and they used it before they manifested they cannot use that action this turn after they manifest. In this instance its because it is a replace effect, I have very little experience with transform, and so I'm not familiar with the exact wording.

We were wondering this not too long ago during a game in my group. The problem is the rules for transform hardly exist and we couldn't come to a consensus amongst ourselves.

I would believe you would have to:

1.) Melee Master attack opponent

2.) Transform into Cerberus

3.) Use Three-Headed to gain the final (+2)

4.) Attack, as the Cerberus, with Three-Headed.

I think this is what Koali was getting at (I don't want to put words in their mouth though.) I don't see keeping (+1) Melee Master as a possibility if you are gaining (+2) Three-Headed but I may not be correct.

Alright, I did some further reading and here's what I have come up with.

Specific AP is dished out at the beginning of the activation, so Myranda recieves her +1 Melee Specific Action Point at the beginning of the activation.

Myranda then uses (1) Shapechange to Tranform into the Sabertooth Cerberus. Transform is a Replace Effect, therefore the Replacing Model (Cerberus) keeps all of the Replaced Model's (Myranda) Effects.

Assuming the Specific AP granted from Melee Expert is an Effect, then it will carry over to the Cerberus for the turn in which it was Transformed.

Should Myranda have had enough Wounds left when she Transformed then the Cerberus will also receive (+2) Two Headed.

Myrnada now has 1 General Action Point, 1 Melee Strike Specific Action Point and 2 Bite Strike Specific Action Points.

Agree?

Alright, I did some further reading and here's what I have come up with.

Specific AP is dished out at the beginning of the activation, so Myranda recieves her +1 Melee Specific Action Point at the beginning of the activation.

Myranda then uses (1) Shapechange to Tranform into the Sabertooth Cerberus. Transform is a Replace Effect, therefore the Replacing Model (Cerberus) keeps all of the Replaced Model's (Myranda) Effects.

Assuming the Specific AP granted from Melee Expert is an Effect, then it will carry over to the Cerberus for the turn in which it was Transformed.

Should Myranda have had enough Wounds left when she Transformed then the Cerberus will also receive (+2) Two Headed.

Myrnada now has 1 General Action Point, 1 Melee Strike Specific Action Point and 2 Bite Strike Specific Action Points.

Agree?

Yes. As I play her with Marcus a lot this is how it plays out. I find her better with a Rouge Necromancy but that is just me.