Triples?

Tauwolf

Ive thought about this too but I only have the core set + one of each pawn booster + multi player expansion so most I have is a bunch of doubles

Against non-wargamers or experienced players I think some of these combos might just frustrate them, such as stacking up AR with sorrows making them feel crippled. But against a more experience player he is going to position himself in a way where its not possible to stack 2 or use free actions to escape that trap then clear out a sorrow.

3 ice golems + joss's equiptment is another way to really make your opponent frustrated, doing so much damage just for dieing nevermind up untill that point.

This is why I really do feel using the random army created on puppet-wars.com is so much fun and balance. Set it so it at least picks 4 puppets from your color, or more if your playing more then a 8 puppet war, then random. Then its less likely to get frustrating combos and your opponent feels its fair because its random, work with what you got.

Not to mention it makes for some hilarious unseen synergy and crazy events having puppets in your list you would of never thought to put it.

Lets face it, no one wants to fight 3 rotton belles, plus guild autopsy, followed by guild hounds or nurses to remove decay counters....

6 puppets that come back at least once, possibly infinite? I mean...even Judge would be tough spent to find himself sending all of these to the grave...for good.

As is with many puppets, particulary Sidekicks, it's very easy to play Theory Wars with the idea of triples.

While I agree that some combinations are probably best left to more experienced gamers, who at least know how to deal with the singles, I find most puppets, even when multiplied, to be within the realms of balance.

That said, my main two concerns no matter the construction of the toybox are always free actions (so triple Golem being a concern there) and stitch count. I'm more worried about 3 Bad Jujus than 3 Belles, not because of an inherent inbalance but because that resilience slows the game down and even if I win (not difficult) it's likely going to be a forgetable experience.

The puppets I see working best in 3s are:

Guild Hounds - great in formation, especially with Master, but despite reliable attack they're designed to work defensively, but even so Meal Time goes wasted otherwise.

Gremlins: I've suffered at the hands of a Gremlin Gunline, great under Viktoria.

Sorrows: You can work that one out for yourself ;)

Ice Golem: Why have one boom when you can have boom boom boom =]

Others like Belle, Punk, Ronin, etc would also be effective just by giving you more of what they do.