Viktorias hiring Von Schill

tattyted

Played a game today against a Viks crew. Got pretty hammered. He was fielding Viks with Von Schill, desperate Mercs and Killjoy. Boy was that a brutal team.

Anyway, later on I was thinking about how to beat this crew and was looking at the cards for Viks and Von Schill. Viks can only hire mercenarys, but Von Schill has the freikorps rule that a crew hiring a freikorps can only hire other mercenaries that are Friekorps.

So.............. my question is; was his crew legit?

The freikorp rule only applies when you're hiring them as mercenaries. Since the Viks aren't hiring them out of faction they aren't mercenaries.

Sorry, mate, don't follow that - the rules say (p72 of the manual) that you can hire up to 2 mercenaries from another faction but then say 'Mercenaries from the players chosen faction do not count towards this total' .

Can't find any rule that says mercenaries lose the mercenary trait if they are of the same faction. Anyway, If they aren't mercenaries then the viks cant hire them -and couldn't hire any of the models that come in their box.

Sorry, I might've worded that poorly.

The feikorp rule applies when a model is hired as a mercenary via the mercenary rule, not just when it has the mercenary type. They can hire a feikorp guy and a ronin because neither of them are being hired as mercenaries.

Afaik, the only model that the Viks can hire with the mercenary rule is performers, which would prohibit them from hiring freikorp.

Sorry, I might've worded that poorly.

The feikorp rule applies when a model is hired as a mercenary via the mercenary rule, not just when it has the mercenary type. They can hire a feikorp guy and a ronin because neither of them are being hired as mercenaries.

Afaik, the only model that the Viks can hire with the mercenary rule is performers, which would prohibit them from hiring freikorp.

The Hodgepodge Effigy is also one that would keep them from using the Freikorps, which is a shame because it's actually kinda cool. Edited by BlueStar86

Hmmm. I thought that you could still bring the Hodgepodge Effigy, since it has Misfit, which allows it to be hired into Outcast Crews despite hiring restrictions.

Although checking it out online, the Crew Builder doesn't seem to agree.

Misfit:Crews led by Outcast models may hire this model ignoring any Abilities that would prevent it from being hired.

That's what it states in Book 3 verbatim, but that could have changed on his card. I was under the impression that the HodgePodge Effigy could be hired without restriction.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.