Slow to Die vs Triggers

Cadfan

Question

I'm sure this has been asked a million times. But what is the precise order of events during a duel in which a slow to die character is killed, and where can I find rules references to make this information clear?

Today we had the following situations:

Cassandra attacks Lucius. Cassandra's attack will deal enough damage to kill Lucius, and thanks to having a mask in her suit, Cassandra can cast an additional spell as a trigger. Cassandra wants to negate the effect of Slow to Die by using Apprentice to cast Disappearing Act, burying Lucius before he can take his Slow to Die action.

Cassandra attacks Lucius. Cassandra's attack will deal enough damage to kill Lucius, and thanks to having a mask in her suit, Cassandra can push 4 as a trigger. Cassandra wants to push 4 so that the Executioner will not have anyone in melee reach when he takes his Slow to Die action.

Someone attacks Colette, I forget who. They have an offensive trigger on their attack, I forget what. Colette uses her defensive trigger (I forget the name) that lets her switch places with a friendly showgirl from far away, and give the attacker Slow. After the trigger, Colette will no longer be in melee reach of her attacker. If the trigger is an additional action, is Colette still in range for it?

3 answers to this question

I'm sure this has been asked a million times. But what is the precise order of events during a duel in which a slow to die character is killed, and where can I find rules references to make this information clear?

you interrupt the current action to resolve the slow to die completely before continuing

Today we had the following situations:

Cassandra attacks Lucius. Cassandra's attack will deal enough damage to kill Lucius, and thanks to having a mask in her suit, Cassandra can cast an additional spell as a trigger. Cassandra wants to negate the effect of Slow to Die by using Apprentice to cast Disappearing Act, burying Lucius before he can take his Slow to Die action.

so cass attacks,triggers her additional spell and does enough damage t, lucius dies, slow to die interrupts and lucius heals, cass now can choose which spell to cast.

Cassandra attacks Lucius. Cassandra's attack will deal enough damage to kill Lucius, and thanks to having a mask in her suit, Cassandra can push 4 as a trigger. Cassandra wants to push 4 so that the Executioner will not have anyone in melee reach when he takes his Slow to Die action.

same again she attacks triggers her push now this triggers 'after damaging defender' so you hit to kill the executioner but as he recieves damge he dies so slow to die kicks in asap, he attacks then you can push away.

Someone attacks Colette, I forget who. They have an offensive trigger on their attack, I forget what. Colette uses her defensive trigger (I forget the name) that lets her switch places with a friendly showgirl from far away, and give the attacker Slow. After the trigger, Colette will no longer be in melee reach of her attacker. If the trigger is an additional action, is Colette still in range for it?

now here I believe you exchange places after being damaged o you still take the hit regardless you then bounce across the board...

Hope this helps