Collodi vs Gremlins, how to do it?

Adanedhel

Last week I tested Som'er for the first time, playing vs Z with Collodi

(35SS; he had Z, Collodi, 4 marionettes, 3 stitcheds, 1 Wicked Doll)

I at the end of turn 2 bombed his Marrionetes with a skeeter, getting first activation turn 2 he lost all his marrionettes save 1 and his Wicked Doll, where he forfeited the game.

What could he have done vs a skeeterassault? Cause both of us could not think of a single way to do it, giving Collodi 2 horrible matchups vs Outcasts, am I missing something?

for alpha stank seems autowin against Collodi

Well, if he'd won initiative all the mosquitos would be dead and he wouldn't have a problem... Almost every close game comes down to a win or loss based off a single initiative flip, in my experience.

Since Neverborn have access to the only available ways to manipulate initiative, maybe look into that?

A doppelganger and the Avatar of fate indeed might prove usefull, but I don't think he would have gotten them all, their was only one Skeeter even remotely close, the rest was either other side of the field, or surrounded by gremlins back base, and since the Marrionettes only got 3 Wds ons skeeter end activation phase, followed by the same sketer first activation is a Collodi who is worthless :s

Well best advice is if you know you might get a pulse bomb dont bunch up. I know you bunch for fast but you should be able to mitigate losses to 2 at worst case by board placement. You don't need fast to threaten deployment zone. Same thing goes if you see papa or piere don't bunch up till threat is removed.

Get a good position and wait to assault on turn 2.

If you are playing to win initiative you are giving up control and just as likely to lose, as winning. Play like you are going to lose initiative and you won't see these kind of catastrophic loses.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth