Marcus bayou crew

skyhawk

So i dont play marcus yet but id like to pick him up. Hers the crew id like to try and play. Id like a little advice.

25ss

Marcus=6ss pool

Mctavish-7ss

2 sluirds-10ss

3 malifaux raptors

Againe i dont know if this would be good, bad, or ugly...but i like the flavor of it.

I think i would be sweet for objective grabbing

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Oh also mctavish stays! i love him! Hes almost always in my somer bomerange crew and my von schill hunting party so I'd like to keep involved in this venture lol

This would be a pretty good list. It's quite simillar to one i have been using lately. Though i don't have McTavish.

My only fear is the use of only two Silurids. They can go down quickly if your opponent wants them to, and once you're left with only one, they start taking wd's if they aren't near water... so having only two makes me a little leary.. but that's just my play style. =]

good luck!

EDIT: i also thought, if you're looking for pure objective grabbers in this list, for the cost of 3 raptors, you could change them out for 2 night terrors... they are spirits, significant even with only 1, and their triggers can stop attacks and kill range. I enjoy them as well. plan on keeping them and the raptors around for when i feel like grabbing objectives, or want to make the enemy turn to beasts and annoy them with marcus. :D

Edited by Jewomie

None really... the night terrors fluff wise are either Kirai or dreamer's stuff... but they are giant bats, so if you wanted to call them swamp monsters, i doubt anyone would look at you funny. ;)

But for what you're wanting to do, the raptors are just as good. plus they turn things into beasts. my only set back on them is, if you were wanting them to grab objectives, you need to make sure you have at least 3 on the table, as they loose significant when there are 2 or less.

you might also look into spawn mother and gupps. i don't have book 3 on me, so i'm not really sure what to tell you about them, other than they make your silurids a lot better. :D

EDIT: and with how good silurids are... i can see the draw to the spawn mother. :D

sounds good! i like to make up custom fluff like that :) i could paint them green, make some bayou bases, have some moss growing on there backs, etc...

and i compleatly forgot the spawn mother and gupps, if im not mistaken the spawn mother can summon sluirds if you can get corpse counters to her...that could be a sweet addition

and i compleatly forgot the spawn mother and gupps, if im not mistaken the spawn mother can summon sluirds if you can get corpse counters to her...that could be a sweet addition

Silurids yes, but not the 5pts Silurids you plan to use in your crew, those are just Gupps.

I'd consider the Rattler, I think it suits your theme. And you could use a Waldgeist or two with minimal sculpting/conversion, like smaller versions of Bad Juju.

Thanks for that I wasnt certain how they worked but still summoning is fun. I realy like the waldgeist, my buddy uses them occasionaly in his lilith crew. A we usually have forrest or bayou terrane pieces. I think they already look bayou enough. Ill deffinatly pick up the box set just for the extra minions...never know what i might need

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Also how many ss does marcus typicly need?

I try my hardest to not run him with fewer than 7.

the first 4 turns i try to save them for defense flips and Damage prevention.

turns 5 and 6 i burn them all on damage and spells. You can't take them with you after turn 6 and they don't give you VP so you gain nothing from saving them. lol

I used to run him with 5 or so, but i've found that the more stones i keep around, the longer he seems to live. .. lol. funny that...

I have found that, with silurids raptors and even night terrors... it's pretty easy to both run him with 7 or 8 stones and still have a large enough crew to out activate your opponent... without a weak swarm crew too.