Updated cards?

renthis

Just wondering what Neverborn players do about stat cards. It feels like half our models and masters are heavily errata'd now and it's a lot to keep track of. Especially on top of the numerous typos and errors that are common on the stat cards for every faction.

It's tempting to try to make my own cards from scratch to play with, I'm curious about ideas that other people have come up with to keep up with our constantly changing stats. As a casual player I'm starting to feel like every time I look at the forums something has changed about a couple more models.

Privateer Press released the Mk2 decks to get players caught up on current stats but I feel that with the way Wyrd handles things this wouldn't work because new changes would follow shortly after and we'd just have a new wave of typos to try to work around during games.

I know this week we had some major errata but really there has not been changes made to models in a very long time.

Neverborn post V2 have the following changed cards

Dreamer

Chompy

Day Dreams

Alps

And 3 of those happened this week. Thats hardly half the models in your faction. I'm really not seeing all these model changes you are referring to. In the Dreamer errata they did say they would put a PDF v2 card for them soon.

Lilitu has a change to Irresistible which makes it function differently from the card. Insidious Madness has an error about its ranged attack targeting Df or Wp. Primordial Magic has two different Ca Values on its card. Nekima has several changes.

I know mistakes happen and admittedly my post ended up sounding ranty. I'm wondering if there are solutions anyone has come up with other than having a stack of papers in addition to the cards while playing. As a casual player it's getting to be a lot of changes to memorize.

im just going to wait for the V2 dreamer and chompy cards then order whatever i need... i guess the other option is to do some fancy printing of the PDF's available on the website. sounds like they are making one errata page to rule them all, once that is up it should contain ALL the errata and is definitely worth printing out for all players i think.

If you want to get really crazy (I'm not sure it's worth the effort vs. just ordering a 25 cent card when it is available) you can use Ratty's Card Creator (available http://malifaux.nezumi.me.uk/ ) and print your own.

It's worth noting that regardless of errata, only officially printed cards are tournament legal. So I'd suggest that if you do this and play tournaments (or against people who dont like nonofficial stuff) keeping both handy,

Right now you're pretty much consigned to knowing the errata or having access to it, which is fine, because it's not really *that* much to keep track of and we all have smartphones nowadays right? :P

Thanks for that link, lots of useful stuff, there.

Hahahaha Thank Ratty, I'm just a fanboy. The counters are super useful though.

It's worth noting that regardless of errata, only officially printed cards are tournament legal. So I'd suggest that if you do this and play tournaments (or against people who dont like nonofficial stuff) keeping both handy,

Right now you're pretty much consigned to knowing the errata or having access to it, which is fine, because it's not really *that* much to keep track of and we all have smartphones nowadays right? :P

+1! Definitely something to remember.