DM's FInish The Job

Malcontent

Just reading through the Death Marshalls' cards and noticed Finish The Job.

Would this stack with Critical Strike on individuals' weapons, effectively giving +2 per Ram in the cast total?

…and I'm assuming that "Melee attacks made by friendly Death Marshals" includes Lady J and The Judge. If so, Greatsword strikes of possibly 8/9/10 damage!?!

or is it all wishful thinking?

I would assume that the "Friendly death Marshals" bit in the spell (assuming there is no V2 card to change the wording, means that just the DM minions get affected by the aura.

As nether of Lady J or the Judge have anything to say they are Death Marshals

But i say this with no certainty.

But yes, it is a different ability and so it would stack with crit strike.

Would this stack with Critical Strike on individuals' weapons, effectively giving +2 per Ram in the cast total?

…and I'm assuming that "Melee attacks made by friendly Death Marshals" includes Lady J and The Judge. If so, Greatsword strikes of possibly 8/9/10 damage!?!

Finish the Job gives +1 Dg per :rams in the casting total of Finish the Job.

Critical Strike gives +1 Dg per :rams in the associated weapon's attack flip.

They stack, but they apply to separate flips.

I think you are spot on. I see no reason why they wouldn't stack.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Finish the Job gives +1 Dg per :rams in the casting total of Finish the Job.

Critical Strike gives +1 Dg per :rams in the associated weapon's attack flip.

They stack, but they apply to separate flips.

Ahh, I see what you are saying. When you cast Finish the Job, you take the number of :rams in that casting total and apply +1 per :rams to future melee strikes. You could get +2 from FTJ and +2 from Critical Strike for a total of +4.

I would assume that the "Friendly death Marshals" bit in the spell (assuming there is no V2 card to change the wording, means that just the DM minions get affected by the aura.

As nether of Lady J or the Judge have anything to say they are Death Marshals

But i say this with no certainty.

But yes, it is a different ability and so it would stack with crit strike.

V2 statcard changed it. I had to double check it myself as I looked it up in Book 1.

So you cast Finish The Job, preferably with a :rams on top of the auto :rams, giving you +2 dmg.

Then with Lady J, you strike using auto :rams and cheating in a :rams, then you get super lucky, burn a stone and add one one more :rams giving you 8/9/11 on the Greatsword. Don't forget the :+fate on the Greatsword.

In this perfect scenario, Sword Style could put you at either +6Cb using Fate OR a :+fate :+fate using Vengance

So, yes they stack and it is quite powerful.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Man, Cadilon and nilus sneak up with you take a break from writing to grab a drink... ninjas I tell you.

Ah right, i only had book one with me when checking for my previous post, ill stay quiet here now:P

Hahaha I did too. Just happened to think to myself "Maybe you should look at the v2 card pdf..." I actually already had the opening statement of "It would work real well if they were death marshals, you big dummy."