Obey vs. Kirai

mrborges

Question

Hello.

So the last two games I played were my Ortegas against Kirai and a variety of Spirits. Man are those healing bunch of ghosts annoying! But a fun opponent.

Anyway, a couple of questions came up surrounding Obey targetting Kirai's friends.

1) Lost Love and Ikiryo both have Kirai's Soul, which states that they cannot be controlled by crews other than the one that summoned them. Does this mean that they can't be forced to Obey, since the (1) Action or Charge are 'controlled' by the casting player?

2) Shikome's Single Minded abilities says she cannot attack a model that is not her Prey. Can I use Obey on her to Charge a model that is not her Prey, if the Charge fails and she ends up short of Melee?

In our game Shikome had cast(ed) Guarantee Fate on Francisco, so I had to end the turn close to her. I used Perdita's Obey to get Shikome to Charge Francisco, knowing it would not end up in an attack. A note, neither of us had used/faced Shikome before, so we did not realise that she could not attack a non-Prey model. Anyway, after the game my opponent did some reading and felt that my Obey to make her Charge a non-Prey model was illegal. But I think it is legal, since there was no attack.

Anyone know the ruling?

Thanks for your help!

Justin

2 answers to this question

1) Yep, Lost Love and Ikiryo cannot be made to Obey.

2) As far as I'm aware, a Charge is an attack, even if the Strike portion isn't done because it's out of range. However, offensive spells are also attacks - I don't think the Shikome could have cast Guarantee Fate on Francisco unless he was her Prey in any case. (I'm not 100% on this, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)

offensive spells are also attacks - I don't think the Shikome could have cast Guarantee Fate on Francisco unless he was her Prey in any case. (I'm not 100% on this, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)

Correct. Anything that has a resist flip counts as an attack.