Brand New to Malifaux

Milkshake

Hey Guys/Gals,

As my title says, I'm brand new to the game. I'm started 2 crews so that I have a spar for anyone that joins me to play to try the game out.

I like the guild models, my personal favorite's are the Arcanists.

I have the following for the guild so far:

Perdita Ortega

2x Guild Guards

3x Witchling Stalkers

Samael Hopkins

Sonna Criid

Since this crew will be facing Arcanists mostly, what is the next step in my purchasing?

Thanks,

Milkshake

You can NEVER go wrong with Austringers. The range and cb are amazing AND they don't need line of sight.

The Watcher is an awesome objective grabber. Super fast (7in walk) with fly. He adds in a fun little bit of deck control as well.

My personal new crush, the Witchling Handler. Runs perfectly in a Sonnia crew and adds in a new level of synergy and finesse with the Witchling Stalkers. She's a little on the slow side herself, but gets it done when needed with a decent melee combat and a ranged option.

A totem is also a good grab. I like the Drill Sergent myself. He has a few good boosts to other guardsmen around him(Austringers) or to the melee of whichever model he is linked to.

In terms of the next BOX to buy, I really like Lucius. He's got a few tricks up his belt, especially when paired up with the Guildguard and Elite Division as he is supposed to be.

I'd tell you to get any of the three single models. Not going to run you too many dollars and well worth it.

Welcome!

I currently have all the Guild Masters except for Lucius. If you are facing Arcanists such as Ramos, I suggest getting the Hoffman box. His movement cheese and Machine Puppet is just awesome.

As for individual Minions, I suggest the Austringers, Guild Hounds, the Guardian and the Watcher.

I hope this helps.