Blocking LOS

GreenGremlin

Question

He Guy's

Played my second game yesterday and during the game I moved my Executioner in front of Lady Justice to block LOS. No clear lines could be drawn.

The rulebook says that miniatures dont block LOS but have the blocking trait, What does this mean? LJ cant be te target of a spell/shooting/charge?

My opponent moved to the side of the Executioner and could draw at least one clear line of site to LJ. The rules say its Obstructed, so cover against shooting?

The rulebook says thats "Partial LOS". What does that mean?

We couldnt find the clear answers in the rulebook?

The book says models dont provide cover, page 15 (small rulebook) says the target recieves cover.

Can someone please explain to me whats the point of blocking my model with a bigger base model?

3 answers to this question

The rules say that models block LOS but never provide cover. This means that if the Executioner (Ht 2) moves in front of LJ (Ht 2) and an attacker (Ht 1 or 2) tries to shoot at Justice and can't draw a straight line from any part of his base to any part of LJ's without going through the Executioner's base, he can't draw LOS to LJ.

If the attacker can draw a line past the Executioner's base, but if some lines are blocked, LJ still wouldn't receive cover because models don't provide cover. Had the Executioner been a barrel (blocking terrain) instead and LJ was within 1" of it she would have received cover.

I hope this is clear?

• Like 1

The rules say that models block LOS but never provide cover. This means that if the Executioner (Ht 2) moves in front of LJ (Ht 2) and an attacker (Ht 1 or 2) tries to shoot at Justice and can't draw a straight line from any part of his base to any part of LJ's without going through the Executioner's base, he can't draw LOS to LJ.

If the attacker can draw a line past the Executioner's base, but if some lines are blocked, LJ still wouldn't receive cover because models don't provide cover. Had the Executioner been a barrel (blocking terrain) instead and LJ was within 1" of it she would have received cover.

I hope this is clear?

+1