What books do I need.

graeme27uk

Question

6 answers to this question

The Rule Manual(the pocket Guide) has all the rule to play the game.

The original rule book, Twisting Fates and Rising powers have model stats and fluff that are not in the RM. Models also include stat cards.

The only rules not in the RM at the moment are the rules for Avatars which are contained in Twisting Fates.

So I would say you need the RM and stat cards(which come with models) everything else is just bonus

What nilus said.

It bears repeating that while you don't need anything but the rulebook and models that you play with, you will very likely enjoy the fluff, and may benefit from having the referrence that the other books provide by having the stats for all the models.

I have all three despite all but a very few in the first book being available in their V2 form via PDF from the Wyrd website.

Honestly if you just looking to play and don't wanna spend alot of money. Just buy the models and the small rulebook for 10 or 15 bucks. I personally bought the other books from my local gaming store to help support them and Wyrd miniatures. I read alot of posts on here about people who are struggling to pay for their miniature habits, if your one of those people, perhaps consider buying some second hand stuff from friends to get a good deal when they wanna move on to another faction. Explain that your hard up on cash and I'm sure they will give you a huge deal because getting another person to play your tabletop game of choice is worth selling your unused miniatures for dirt cheap I would say. Enjoy