Pack Leader and Pack

Felstorm

Question

New to Malifaux and played my first game last night. My opponent used Marcus, the Jackalope and 2 Silurid in his crew in a Companion link up. Marcus, the Jackalope (within 6" to the left of Marcus) and one Silurid (within 6" to the right of Marcus) should be totally fine thanks to Pack Leader being used on the Silurid.

My question is, can that Silurid then bring in the other Silurid (within 6" to the right of first Silurid) thanks to Pack as part of the same simultaneous activation?

There's an excellent example of Companion by Keltheos elsewhere on the forums but the Pack rule link to the second Silurid threw me. I was thinking it couldn't because it doesn't have Companion or Dude.

Wicked combo if it can be done. Just checking.

3 answers to this question

So yes and no. It's not strictly a Companion chain because v2 Marcus does not companion to another Beast, but has an ability to permit a beast to activate directly after him. But if Silurids can companion to other Silurids, and they're all within 6" of another one in a "chain', then you can Companion Jackalope and Marcus, and let's say activate Marcus first; during his activation use Pack Leader on the closest Silurid. This ability states the targeted model activates immediately after his activation, which means it interrupts his companion chain. So once Marcus' activation is over, the Silurid can go, and at that point I believe you can set up a Silurid companion chain. Once the silurid chain is over, Marcus' chain resumes; Jackalope goes. You could also have had Jackalope go before Marcus, but that wouldn't make as interesting an example.

That's my understanding of it anyway. I've played Marcus for a while but not with Silurids, so anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

So yes and no. It's not strictly a Companion chain because v2 Marcus does not companion to another Beast, but has an ability to permit a beast to activate directly after him. But if Silurids can companion to other Silurids, and they're all within 6" of another one in a "chain', then you can Companion Jackalope and Marcus, and let's say activate Marcus first; during his activation use Pack Leader on the closest Silurid. This ability states the targeted model activates immediately after his activation, which means it interrupts his companion chain. So once Marcus' activation is over, the Silurid can go, and at that point I believe you can set up a Silurid companion chain. Once the silurid chain is over, Marcus' chain resumes; Jackalope goes. You could also have had Jackalope go before Marcus, but that wouldn't make as interesting an example.

That's my understanding of it anyway. I've played Marcus for a while but not with Silurids, so anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Spot on