Blinding Flash vs Scalpel Slinging

Marcalla

Question

Hello gang,

I did a pretty extensive search on the timing of Blinding Flash in an attempt to figure out when the Colette moves, and when McMourning moves into contact with her.

For the purposes of this discussion McMourning damages (and wounds) Colette and a showgirl is within 18 inches.

I did find this thread, but couldn't find the original ruling just the pic on page 2. The "glitch" of this is that Scalpel Slingin's movement is part of the rules for the action which moves him to base contact with the target of the strike after Wounding the target (and not a trigger).

So, is it resolved as:

1) Colette takes Wounds, resolves Blinding flash and switches places with showgirl, then McMourning Scalpel slinging's push resolves and he is pushed into base with Colette.

2) Colette takes Wounds, McMourning's Scalpel slinging resolves moving him to base contact with Colette, then Colette's blinding flash resolves and she swaps with the showgirl.

3) Something else which you will be kind enough to explain.

Does anybody actually have a card that uses the "after the attack has resolved" wording? The other thread only alludes to a ruling by Weird Sketch. I could not find the relevant thread after a reasonably exhaustive search.

Or does anybody have the a link to the actual thread that Sketch made this ruling on?

My card as well as my friend's card (purchased well after I got my Colette) use the "The model that attacked..." wording.

This thread references the "after the attack" wording but gets it from the Wording on Blinding Flash trigger thread. And that thread references the ruling Sketch made without linking to the ruling in any way.

Edited by Marcalla
Changed the card wording to "The model that attacked..."

Yeah, just realised that myself - thought I'd double check and found the same thing you did.

Bu99er!

Hopefully we can find the actual ruling, otherwise it's back in the wind

Sorry folks.:Sad_Puppet2:

Mind you, my card doesn't have the "after damage" wording - is that actually on your card Marcalla?

@ 13th warrior. Sorry bout that. I got caught up in the #7 reply on the "Wording on Binding Flash" thread.

My Colette card (as well as my friends) reads: A Blinding Flash The model that attacked this model receives Slow. Switch this model and one other friendly showgirl within 18"

I'll edit my previous post to reflect that.

Edited by Marcalla