new to faction, need advice

thought trauma

I've not been in malifaux long either, but you are correct that 35 stones does seem typical for a good sized game.

I'd suggest reading the pullmyfinger wiki about he dreamer - some good stuff that will help you get your head around a tricky master.

i recently picked up lord chompy bits, dreamer, three daydreams and the hooded rider and i am looking to fill out the list to 35pts, i am assuming that is the level most are playing at? thanks in advance

In truth the dreamer works really well with pretty much any Nightmare you care to name and, to a point it will depend on your playstyle. Want to play on the psychological aspects of Nightmares? Add in Coppelius, Stitcheds and Insidious Madness.

Like to get stuck right in? Teddy and maybe Lelu and Lilitu will help.

Alps (lots of them) used to be the order of the day but they are not quite so good these days.

I only dabbled with the dreamer and I'm sure some of the more experienced dreamer players will be along soon.

There are a number of dreamer tactica threads that are worth searching for. Although not exclusively limited to Calmdown, he has started a number of really useful ones that are worth searching for.

Edited by Chucklemonkey

As was said, look for anything with the nightmare characteristic, and get what you like the look of is probably the best way to go, otherwise we all tell you what is "best" and you should buy what you like, not because it is better than something else:)

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Nightmare's in book 2:

Night Terror

Daydreams

Alps

Coppelius

Insidious Madness

Lelu

Lilitu

Stitched Together

Book 3:

Widow Weaver

(I dont think there are any more are there?)

Only one i don't really recommend, after the change to their rules are the alps, but that is just as i have not looked for a use for them really.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

But again, look for fluff and take what you like, but any of those work well with the dreamer.

As does Teddy from book one who i forgot about, cant have the children playing without their teddy's now can we? :P

thanks

As was said, look for anything with the nightmare characteristic, and get what you like the look of is probably the best way to go, otherwise we all tell you what is "best" and you should buy what you like, not because it is better than something else:)

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Nightmare's in book 2:

Night Terror

Daydreams

Alps

Coppelius

Insidious Madness

Lelu

Lilitu

Stitched Together

Book 3:

Widow Weaver

(I dont think there are any more are there?)

Only one i don't really recommend, after the change to their rules are the alps, but that is just as i have not looked for a use for them really.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

But again, look for fluff and take what you like, but any of those work well with the dreamer.

As does Teddy from book one who i forgot about, cant have the children playing without their teddy's now can we? :P

Alps (lots of them) used to be the order of the day but they are not quite so good these days.

Well, what´s the problem with the new Alps? I really like to know this, because I can just partly understand that. IMO Alp bomb was all about knocking out key models of your opponent. I can´t see how the change to insignificant is able to change this much. Or are there other rules changes I don´t know?

HTG

Having multiple alps close to the enemy used to render cumulative effects (5 alps close could mean 5 wounds, etc), now it doesn't matter how many alps are close as the rule was changed to "one or more".

Could still be nasty, but is no way as bad as it once was.