Draining blood from Undead Spirits

Q'iq'el

While reading Lilith's avatar description, I've noticed it speaks of Blood Tokens rather than Blood Counters. It got me thinking about the interaction of Blood Counters/Tokens with Undead Spirit and I've noticed something I haven't payed much attention to before. I'd like to see some confirmation, or an explanation if I am wrong.

It seems that as long as Spirits are also Undead, the Nephilim still generate Blood Counters/Tokens when they kill them.

Of course there are very few Undead Spirits. Kirai's crew is composed mostly of regular Spirits. Neverborn Spirits aren't undead either.

The most prominent Undead Spirit is Jack Daw, followed by The Hanged and The Drowned from the Book 3.

1. Drain Blood and Blood Sense allow models to generate Blood Counters after killing Undead or Living models. As long as the target Spirit is also Undead, it fulfills the condition.

2. The Spirit rules on the page 10 state that when killed, Spirits do not leave Counters of any type. However, Blood Counters are not left by the killed model, but rather generated by the Nephilims' own abilities - as such they shouldn't be affected by the Spirit characteristic.

3. The new wording in the Book 3 may be an indication the Blood Counters are to be retro-actively changed into Blood Tokens. Rules for Spirits do not affect Tokens.

I guess we need some sort of confirmation as to the point 3 - Are Blood Counters being changed into Blood Tokens or is it an overlooked mistake?

Whether point 3 holds or not, I still think Nephilim would generate Blood Counters when killing Undead Spirits (because of the point 2), few as those may be. (A real pity Kirai's crew is not Undead).

Yeah, it's a little odd, but a few things in malifaux are. Like McMourning getting body parts from stabbing anything from ice golems to seishin, or Seamus killing a fat man (the executioner) and turning him into two undead prostitutes.

Stranger still is when he can make 3 out of a Cerberus. At least the Executioner was at least human :)