Pulse Damage resist and Multiple Slow to die actions. Who Chooses

Twisted Metal

Question

I had a situation the other day involving my Nicodem crew and papa loco. Basically Papa got into range and got off "take ya with me" killing multiple models of mine, most of which had slow to die. First off who determines which models take the resist flip first and then who determines which model takes the slow to die action first. Also do the slow to die actions take place as soon as the model fails the resist and dies or are all of the other resist flips made first. In this particular case I had two Belle's a necro punk and Nicodem with a linked grave spirit. The Belles and punk died as a result and Nico could have died if the grave spirit failed to resist before him.

5 answers to this question

You resolve the models one at a time, so:

you make a resist flip for model x

model x dies

you resolve model x's Slow to Die action

you make a resist flip for model y

model y dies

you resolve model y's Slow to Die action

I dont think there's any ruling that covers order of execution for this, though. We always played that pulses and blasts effect the closest model to the point of origin first.

Trawled through the rules manual and pg53 says that if a spell would effect multiple models the resist duels are flipped in any order their controller wants. (Yes I know pulses on pg 20 says it effects all models in it's area at the same time so not 100% on the timing myself)

This is probably the closest to the official way to do things.

We always played that pulses and blasts effect the closest model to the point of origin first.

I really like this idea though. Maybe it cojuld make it either as a house rule or in later editions.