Animation question and ace question

Uglybug

When you flip an animation card it says you can place that animation card in your control hand(the player will not have an animation card.

Then you skip to step 3 on page 14 and it says a player may choose not to animate a puppet when it is there turn to act instead discard the animation card to do one of the following...

So since I don't have an animation card I can't use the free action or move once option for any of my puppets on the board? So I am basically skipping my turn that round. Or can I drop any card from my hand to get the free action or one space move option?

Also a question on aces I was flipping 3 cards for a combat attack and I flipped an ace followed by another ace followed by 10 of crows and although the 3rd card was a hit it got me thinking what if it didn't? Whould I flip an extra card for each ace or did the second ace count as the first aces flip in which case I just needed to flip 1 more card? This got me thinking what if I laid an ace down as a dodge card and I flipped another ace?

When you flip an animation card it says you can place that animation card in your control hand(the player will not have an animation card.

Then you skip to step 3 on page 14 and it says a player may choose not to animate a puppet when it is there turn to act instead discard the animation card to do one of the following...

So since I don't have an animation card I can't use the free action or move once option for any of my puppets on the board? So I am basically skipping my turn that round. Or can I drop any card from my hand to get the free action or one space move option?

Nope if you take the card you don't have a turn.

When you reveal an Ace you get the choice to Flip a card for the number (there are times you might not want to eg. Your wanting to activate really early, with with Misaki.) You must make this choice immediately. So you flip the first Ace, say if your flipping for number or not, then move onto the next of

your three cards.

As for the question about playing an ace, if you play an ace from your hand, you have the option of flipping for the number. If the flipped card was an ace, it would take the number 1.

Say you dodge with an ace of rams and then flip the ace of crows as the number. Your effective dodge for this attack is a 1 of rams (1 from the ace of crows and rams from the original dodge card), plus any other modifiers you have in play.

Edited by Hugor

As for the question about playing an ace, if you play an ace from your hand, you have the option of flipping for the number. If the flipped card was an ace, it would take the number 1.

Say you dodge with an ace of rams and then flip the ace of crows as the number. Your effective dodge for this attack is a 1 of rams (1 from the ace of crows and rams from the original dodge card), plus any other modifiers you have in play.

Your dodge would be 1 ram ram, so you need 1+ on the number and 2 rams in the final total(flip plus discard) which can make aces for dodge awesome.