Who would lead a crew like this?

banshee

No doubt this has been done before, but I'd appreciate constructive comments.

I've been thinking and come up with a crew that I think has some interesting interactions. I wanted to do something a little different, perhaps not necessarily optimal/ cheesy, but competitive.

The list is for intended for 35 soulstone fixed crew play.

So far I have:

Lilitu

Lelu

Coppelius

Black Blood Shaman

Terror Tot

Terror Tot

Total 35ss

There's a lot of healing in this crew which should make it hard to take down and the interactions of Coppelius and the Shaman allow some 'grow' element which I think is fun. There are no clear strengths of the crew but a lot of general utility which I like, although I am concerned that I might have to bunch up to get the best out of that.

The trouble I'm having is who leads this crew. Lilith would seem the obvious choice for the beat stick element that she brings and the synergy with Nephilim, but I can also see a place for Zoraida using 'Obey' and the fact that she works well independently of her crew.

Has anyone tried anything similar? If so, what did you learn from it? Any general thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I would probably go with Zoraida as the other masters want more stones for stuff, being as your list is dead on 35, no other NB master can take more stones in a normal sized game. But i have never tried anything like this so am unsure how it would do:) But best of luck:)

The thing about Neverborn masters is they're all amazing, but none of them offer so much synergy with their crews compared to their individual main focuses that you need to make use of those synergies for the master to be valid. Hope that made sense.

So with that in mind, you could use:

Lilith - She's a beatstick, your crew has beatsticks, you have lots of beatstickiness. In addition she has abilities to interact with the Tots.

Pandora - She is a controller, debuffer and damage dealer; you have a mix of control/debuff/damage dealing models. She'd work with them fine (though generally in a Pandora crew you wouldnt see Cop/BBS/Tots, there's no reason why she couldnt work with them, you just wouldnt be making the most of her Wp damage aura without more Wp-targeting models)

Zoraida - She's a control model. Your crew is a good all round crew. She'd support them.

Dreamer - Pretend he doesnt exist. You have too many non-nightmares to synergise with him, but he's still better than every other Neverborn master regardless and you could still play him with this crew. Just dont do it :)

swap Coppelilous for the Hooded Rider and i run this crew all the time. I usually take Lillith, but i can see where Zoriada would shine just as well... especially if you have Wicked Dolls for her to summon. I love those little things!

I'm not overly familliar with Coppelious, i've played against him a few times, but never with him, so i can't really tell what he's bringing to the list, but i know he's got all kinds of fun tricks, so i'm sure he'll do well.

I agree with Ozz though, nailing right at 35 is a bit steep and Zoriada might be better for it since you can make up for stones with her deck rigging mechanics like bayou two-card and crystal ball. But i find that Lillith doesn't NEED too many stones. i really only spend them when going for the master's kill, or preventing damage.

I hear people talking about not liking the shaman, but i personally love him and do my best to work him into black blood crews. not so much for the Grow aspect, but he can give my rider black blood and heal him. they become a bit of a support group for me. even though the rider is faster.

Good luck! i hope something i said helped you out. :D

Cheers