Calmdown

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Are there still places for this? Turns out I'm able to come if there are :)

Absolutely are!

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

Hi Ian, due to a few problems it looks like I may not make the Blood Bowl Tournie that weekend, but would still be free on the Saturday.

Would you be ok if i came in at less than a weeks notice?

Sure. We can support 20 people but I dont think we'll quite hit that so you should be ok.

Edited by Calmdown

Little bit of an update everyone:

I visited the Scythe last week to check out their facilities and stuff. The food and drink facilities were damned impressive - their food is really well priced and really good. They have all of the tasty burgers/fry ups/chips etc that we love, they also have salad boxes and instant noodles etc for really good prices. They serve tea, coffee, cold drinks etc, and not at "hold you to ransom" prices like some other gaming venues...

However, they are in their infancy with wargaming a little, as they're mostly a CCG venue up to this point. I'm currently working with them on tables and scenery as well as sourcing some extra scenery from friends in Liverpool, but I suspect for this first tournament the tables aren't going to look as pretty or as coherent as I'd like. Obviously I won't want to run games on tables that have "not enough scenery" syndrome, so in some cases we may have to put up with stuff that is a little bit makeshift. The Scythe are working on this (and intending to buy a load of terraclips, actually, too) but I'd ask you all to bear with me and them for this tourney if it isn't quite up to the standards of, well, some other gaming venues :)

Also, their Malifaux stocks are very basic - don't expect them to have anything in that you need on the day, but if you want anything ordered, please get in touch with them asap and they should be able to get it for you.

Incidentally, the place is loaded with comfy couches and has free wifi too.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

*grin*

On a more serious note if you need us to bring some terrain over from H'gate we can probably bring a good 3 tables worth?

I put the tea bit in just for you. 50p too :) Not sure if they do bulk discounts...

Might take you up on that, will probably be a huge help - I'll let you know as soon as Im back in England, early next week, is that soon enough?

Also guys I forgot to mention, we've scouted a good car park and I'll get a map up for you as well as directions from the train station. Any other directions needed, please ask.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

*grin**grin**grin*Forgot about that!:facepalm::Hiding_Puppet:

I think I got my Paypal account when Paypal was first invented, I was about 13... and you can never change the name, apparently :P

Ian - I've got a table of terrain I could bring as well if needed - I'll probably just stick the box in the boot if you need it.

Jimmy

Nice one.

Gents, with your help I think we can do this no problem and have some decent tables rather than some hashed together ones - I'll Pm you all in a couple of days.

Just so you know, any future events at the scythe i'll be happy to come along to (even registered so i could let you and the lovely *heart* people know that)

Will prob pop down on Saturday just to see how its going n have a nosy at some peoples crews though if thats ok

Not had a game yet at all though otherwise i would play, painted my first crew up over the weekend finally, remarkably quickly once i finally got round to it