Deliverence 2 In Your Breaches June 2nd - 3rd

Dumb Luck

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe have Shared Slaughter as the 5th round game rather than 1st. In my experience keeping the simpler objective scenarios till last helps with the incremental brain fade that you get at tournaments, especially for guys like me who've discovered their new favourite game has a steeper learning curve than Hordes/Warmachine :Confused_Puppet2:

As for moving the event to earlier in the year. Other than avoiding the obvious clashes with other wargaming events, if you're looking at February or March check it doesn't clash with any Six Nations fixtures, Cardiff will be packed and you'll probably lose a few potential local attendees.

Cheers

Phil

I would make it TP based and not give best in faction to 1st place. Seemed a bit overkill to get prizes for both.

This is a good point. In other types of events (rallying for example) each person (crew/team/whatever) can only win one prize, so 'best in class/faction' would come from outside the top 2 or 3. Needs a bigger entry list maybe, but does spread round the awards. (Note - this principle was applied at the tournament at UK Games Expo last year. For my next tournament there's a small entry, so no faction prizes, but a random draw prize will be awarded.) Best painted/most sporting, etc. would be eligible to all entrants of course.

I agree with that. Its standard at the Singles GT. Best of faction outside of 1st, 2nd and 3rd as they already know they're the best what with them being where they placed. I agree that it depends on entrant size. Spot prizes are better for smaller tournaments, it all depends on what your budget allows.

Hopefully it will be a one day, 4 round, 25ss tournament using either fixed faction or fixed master havent uet decided, either on the first or third saturday in sepetember depending on what i can book off, dates have already been cleared with firestorm. And if my inevitable gencon order arrives in time we will hopefully have a nightmare box set or two among the prizes.

Edited by Bucket Monkey

Is that in addition to a tournie at Cardiff Carnage at the end of August?

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

... it all depends on what your budget allows.

...or what you can beg, scrounge or get sponsored!

Don't worry the calender was the first place i went to when looking at dates, and after speaking to a few people who wouldnt go to Plymouth for one reason or another seemed interested in one that weekend, once I get the translation for the name on welsh for the event and I get the confirmation from work, ill post a thread up and stop derailing doms thread.

Really enjoyed the tournament, thanks to Dom for keeping the organisation... organised! Was going great guns on day 1 with 3 wins out of 3 but then after a 4-4 draw with Dai Garland I went into the last round in 3rd and lost 7-2 to Aidan (not as one sided as it looks) which dropped me to 4th in the final standings. The last two games were still great though and the Showgirls put up a good fight in both despite dropping like flies, including Colette herself who died in both games! Thanks all and good to put more names to faces on the scene.

I think some people were after a master/faction breakdown ...

1 - Aidan Kirk - Viks/Levi

2 - Dai Garland - McMourning

3 - Simon Cheyne - Rasputina

4 - Martin Wodehouse - Colette

5 - Richard Baker - McMourning/Seamus

6 - Luke Cocksedge - Levi

7 - Dave Powell - Pandora

8 - Mike Penberthy - Ramos

9 - Richard Turner - Pandora/Dreamer

10 - Keron Tucker - Seamus/McMourning/Nicodem

11 - Phil Johansson - Perdita/Lady Justice

12 - Andrea Davies - Kaeris

yes dom you do have a wedding that would be rich t's and mine.......... shouty dave, john johansen & phil johansed , rich baker will also be there that would take 6 other players out. please cou;d the date be changed to later ????????????????????

I'm pretty sure I have a wedding to attend that weekend, Liam. Goddamit.

Well im sure we could do it later on then, it would have to be later that month or into November as its my other halfs birthday on the one weekend I know im off in october, or again shift it to the weekend after carnage or the week after that, and while youll probably have wedding stuff to sort, the rest may well be free for a one dayer then,on the 1st or 8th.