Shooting/Striking Your Own Crew

sarge

Question

Still a newbie with Malifaux, so wondered if any of you experts out there can answer what may sound like a daft question I have been thinking about?

Whats the process for shooting of striking in melee a member of your own crew? Do you have to undertake a duel in the normal format? or do you just make a damage flip or do you just assume severe damage????

The reason I ask is I'm playing around with the Leveticus crew and suspect there may be some advantage to killing the main man if needed?

Thanks for your help and sorry if it is a silly question :-)

8 answers to this question

u still follow the normal duel rules, attack and defense flips then the difference calculates the damage flip modifiers. remember that you can cheat both the attack and defence flips.

it is useful to use your own crew to kill levi if its the end of the turn and you need cards, get him in a better postion or complete his scheme.

Still a newbie with Malifaux, so wondered if any of you experts out there can answer what may sound like a daft question I have been thinking about?

Whats the process for shooting of striking in melee a member of your own crew? Do you have to undertake a duel in the normal format? or do you just make a damage flip or do you just assume severe damage????

The reason I ask is I'm playing around with the Leveticus crew and suspect there may be some advantage to killing the main man if needed?

Thanks for your help and sorry if it is a silly question :-)

To answer your question with some form of composition:

You duel exactly as you would if attacking an enemy model, except you flip all the cards yourself. And you can cheat your own flips on either model, of course, following normal rules; so if you win the attack flip by 5 or less, you wont be able to cheat the damage flip, for example.

Thanks for all the quick replies guys. So turns out not such a stupid question after all!

This is the kind of stuff I'm begining to adore about Malifaux, its such a depture from 'normal' games I have played in the past....I mean where else would you play a game where spanking your own troops could help you secure victory. You've got to love it :hail: Malifaux

Sarge

Furthermore, you can choose not to resist if the resist is Wp. That is if you attack your own model and they are required to resist using their willpower, you dont even need to flip it.

You do need to flip if it is resist defence, but you can cheat low if you want to.

That is incorrect. In a resist duel, after totals are determined, the defender can choose to lower their total to a tie.

You absolutely still have to flip and the result is still a tie (and there may be a game effect affected by your tie e.g. a damage flip, although a tie is normally the same as a loss in a resist duel).