Gremlin queries...

Bigkid

Now that I'm firmly entrenched deep in S'omer Teeth's' lads (and lass!), I've a few questions that demand answering!

1. When a Warpig is having a right old time Stampeding and he targets Pandora, does he still have to take a WP test to make his Strike?
  2. Can Ophelia use 'Bent Gun Barrel' in Melee?
  3. Is it true that a Mosquito using 'Larva' on a friendly Rat would cause not only itself to heal 2wd upon said Rats demise but also the summoned Mosquito as well?
  4. It's OK for Ophelia to use 'Dumb and Lucky' on herself right?
  5. Is S'omer's 'A Gremlin's Luck' combined with Ophelia's 'Calculated Luck' the most fun a Gremlin player can have with his trousers on?

Cheers me dears!

Whilst I agree that Launchin' Pere is fun (although landing him right next to someone then targeting him with your subsequent 2 shots and cheating his defense down for severe damage with it's Dg 5 (stuffed Piglet...) explosions followed by Pere blowing up is the correct way to hilarity-ville...) I believe that the look on your opponents face when you 'Calculated Luck' your paired pistols at his key model when he has no cards at all to cheat with is, in fact, the most fun!

1: yes, as there is nothing in the rule saying he ignores targetting restrictions.

3: no, not with larva. Larva is a sacrifice and the rats ability to heal only happens after being killed. to get the heal from the rat, you have to use the spell (whose name eludes me at the moment.)

rules quotation?

it was my understanding that all skeeters currently in play and within (2 inches?) the range would get the healing effect. The summoned one from larva wouldn't, but that's what take a swig is for

Cool, now if I could just make Mosquitos actually do something....

you mean other than forcing discards and causing 2 dg to everything in range without a rst? What more do you want them to do?

Dont forget lining up those Pig Charges, they are great air traffic controllers (and pretty integral) for the "Pig Boomerang" tactic.

you mean other than forcing discards and causing 2 dg to everything in range without a rst? What more do you want them to do?

This is wonderful theory-faux but their Ca of 2 makes them a card drain like no other!

I like the idea of 'Larva'-ing another Mosquito but the 'Slow' it incurs means it can achieve very little.

Don't worry though, I've only played 4 games with the little blighters so I reckon I'll get the hang of them...

This is wonderful theory-faux but their Ca of 2 makes them a card drain like no other!

I like the idea of 'Larva'-ing another Mosquito but the 'Slow' it incurs means it can achieve very little.

Don't worry though, I've only played 4 games with the little blighters so I reckon I'll get the hang of them...

Not really theory Bigkid, it has been a tried and true gremlin tactic since the begining (it is usually refered to as the "Alpha Stank").

I do agree though that they can be a card drain occasionally(except of course as Air Traffic controllers for the Pig Boomerang in which case even failure brings success).