Where to start?

Hello All, I apologize if this is in the wrong spot, still getting the hang of the forums.

I have just started learning about Malifaux and am completely lost as what to get first, so my question is what would make some good first purchases for someone who wants to start Arcanists and Neverborn?

are there starter packs for each faction?

what do I need in regrads to card decks?

are there any other rule books I need other then the PDF "Rules Manual" ?

Thank you all in advance :)

Well, you'll want a starter box of some sort. A Starter comes with one master and a handful of associated models. Models come with stat cards. The books are nice but not strictly necessary.

You can get by with a regular card deck, although I find buying a Fate deck useful. You should just need one for your own use, two if you plan to teach others to play. :)

Arcanists: Rasputina is probably the easiest to learn. She's pretty cool since book two. She comes with her icy beasts, and now has some "extras" to add to her crew.

Neverborn: Lilith is the easiest of the masters to learn with. Again, very straight forward.

You will need one fate deck (a puppet deck will work) some markers for soulstones, a measuring implement... And a Rules Manuel. The PDF will work, but it's not as complete as the hard copy, so that will have to be your call :) The long boxes are starter boxes. Average game size is 25-35 soulstones (points). Most boxes are 25ss.

The neat thing about Malifaux is that you can hire cross faction for no other cost. So if you pick up 'Tina you can get Marcus later and use his beasts with the Ice Queen. Or get Lilith and add the Nightmares from the Dreamer.

Hope that helps ;)