Collodi or Zoriada + Collodi?

*Jack*

Hi all, I'm wanting to do a Collodi crew, but I'm wondering whether it's worth taking Zoraida in it also.

Collodi on his own, as a henchmen, limits me, whereas Zoriada effectively costs 8 pts (Free, but have to buy collodi for 8) Comes with a 5 cache, has a bunch of cool spells and abilities, but to anyone who's used either, do these spells augment the marrionnettes well?

Thanks in advance, Jack

Zoraida is very nice with collodi. Scratch that, zoraida is damn good with just about anything.

Her spells (specifically obey) will most definitely help with collodi. She can give a marionette an additional attack (or charge if not already in melee) or can get Collodi to cast one of his buffing spells. Zoraida doesn't tend to need soulstones herself so they're still available for collodi to use. Most importantly she can create wicked dolls as a (2) which can then teleport themselves to Collodi where ever he is. You might also want to consider a Widow Weaver.

I regard Collodi as really being designed to work with Zoraida much more than with any other master. He can certainly work on his own, but she brings a lot to the table.

Zoraida is very nice with collodi. Scratch that, zoraida is damn good with just about anything.

Her spells (specifically obey) will most definitely help with collodi. She can give a marionette an additional attack (or charge if not already in melee) or can get Collodi to cast one of his buffing spells. Zoraida doesn't tend to need soulstones herself so they're still available for collodi to use. Most importantly she can create wicked dolls as a (2) which can then teleport themselves to Collodi where ever he is. You might also want to consider a Widow Weaver.

I regard Collodi as really being designed to work with Zoraida much more than with any other master. He can certainly work on his own, but she brings a lot to the table.

I've been reading up on the rules, tactics, and making a few lists, and I've come to this conclusion myself. My only hesitation was that marionnettes and wicked dolls might not "sync" well with zoraida, but reading her spells, she doesnt seem to need anyone to help her out, being able to make enemies and friendlies obey, and can get herself out of any tricky situations with raven, repulsion, and flying away.

That, and I think the whole not letting people cheat fate, re-arranging the deck and stuff fits really well with the puppet aesthetic. And the whole vibe of malifaux I love. Consider me sold :')