Some Help for Rasputina Tactics

Lagapul

Hey Guys,

I started Malifaux with Rasputina and I love her and her Crew!

But I loose all the time! After I have a strong crew it has to be me who is guilty of loosing the games so I wanted to ask for some general advice for her.

My Minis are:

Rasputina

Ice Golem

3x Ice Gamin

Wendigo

Silent One

Snow Storm

(next weeks will come the Avatar Rasputina)

My Problem is always - my Team completely gets wiped out.

Raputina dies in Turn 4 or 5 and nothing else is left... (My Oponents mostly play Guild Sonnia or Perdita)

How should I use my Minis? What are No Gos?

(And I read the Pullmyfinger Tacticas allready - But maybe I can get some individual Tipps, concerning my Minis?)

Thanks in Advance

First as with everything in malifaux the goals of the game change what you need to do.

Few things that may help.

Vs crid remember any model in base with snowstorm has softcover. This will work vs spells with a gun icon. Bulletproof will also help even on magic attacks if they have gun icon.

Rasputina can out range any one make them spend actions coming to you if at all posable.

Ice pillar are great vs these crews use them to control where the other side goes.

Take a lot of ss rasputina wants as many as you can get.

Bulletproof will also help even on magic attacks if they have gun icon.

--> I didn't know that!!! Wow - then Snowstorm really is of use against Sonnia!

Rasputina can out range any one make them spend actions coming to you if at all posable.

--> Yeah she can but only for one turn! Then she is in range of the anti Magic Stalkers or Perdita runs to her and kills her in one turn :(

Take a lot of ss rasputina wants as many as you can get.

--> Yes I know that - sometimes I burn up to 4 SS in one turn (and killed Seamus in one turn for example)

Plus, Essence of Power is generally a better choice than Wendigo.

--> I know it's effective - But: I'd never take it! I want a Ice Crew. I'd never take i.e. Coriphees or something like that, because I want the 100% Fluff! And Wendigo is so cool looking and fitting to Rasputina!

And drop those Ice Pillars right on top or objectives (or surround objectives with them). That will definitely slow down the other crew for a turn or two.

You can do that??? Wow! then the Ice Pillars are even more effective then I thought!

Thanks so far for the advice!

--> I know it's effective - But: I'd never take it! I want a Ice Crew. I'd never take i.e. Coriphees or something like that, because I want the 100% Fluff! And Wendigo is so cool looking and fitting to Rasputina!

I thought I was going for 100% fluff as well. Then I saw how much more effective the Essence was over the Wendigo. Sometimes 100% fluff isn't viable in a competitive gaming environment.

I thought I was going for 100% fluff as well. Then I saw how much more effective the Essence was over the Wendigo. Sometimes 100% fluff isn't viable in a competitive gaming environment.

And this is where modding and a little basing comes in you can fit the feel and fluff easily enough