gaki question

kalios

I’m not sure I understand the question. Are you asking what sacrificing means or in what situations someone would choose to do it?

Sacrificing removes that model from the game (though be careful because sacrificed does not mean killed – sacrificed models do not leave corpse counters for example, and sometimes a scheme specifies you must KILL a model, not sacrifice it).

There are plenty of crews out there with H1 models you might want to eat instead of just killing. It depends on the crew. I want to check my Gaki cards at home before I comment further. Does eating a model happen with a WP resist? If so you might run into a situation where a H1 model has lower WP than DF so you have a better chance to taking it out by eating vs just attacking.

In an attempt to divine the cause of the original question...

Sacrifice in Malifaux is not limited to your own models - it's just a game term which means those models don't leave counters, and don't trigger "when killed" effects or abilities.

So, as pointed out, abilities which just say to sacrifice a model can be used against any target.