New Dreamer Player Needs Advice

walruspride

One thing to remember with the All Done trigger, is that you don't need to successfully hit the target. So even with a low Tome in your hand you can still do it. But yeah, if you have none then companioning with a Daydream before rushing forward, then doing a (0) to get a new Daydream, do Calm Nightmares. Then activate the Companioned Daydream and unbury LCB back in the deployment zone.

Or some other such strategy.

I did not realize that i only had to have any tome to get it off. So even if the attack doesnt connect i still get the trigger? Really though it didnt matter for me the first game i used his 0 to call a daydream but still got killed first round witrh a shikome. I was just wondering how soon you activated the dreamer and how many models to start burried?

Unless I want to get something done turn 1. (ie. killing something, getting objectives etc) I will usually start with all my models standing round Dreamer (except LCB of course). This means I can set up an lasting actions (such as Defensive Stance, Creepy Fog, Terrifying from Dreamer etc). Then you can bury all the models you want buried (usually everything but the Daydreams for me). Then move into position for next turn. Then Turn 2, fire the gun at your target(s), unburying whatever you need to get the job done, and then try and get out of there ASAP using Daydreams to manipulate your models if Dreamer is out of AP.

Also, the wording on All Done "Bury this model and replace it with a friendly The Dreamer" . . . It doesn't say "After successfully hitting defender . . . " This means you can cheat in a low Tome, replace LCB with Dreamer, then use the Daydream from LCB, or one you companioned before the whole move, and jump away from danger.