new player

loudo

hi, i have been looking at malifaux for a while now and have fallen in love with criid.

im going to get sonnia, 3 fire gamin and a guardian to start with. I think i may then get the rasputina starter for demo games as it seems like it could make a good visual demo game, fire vs ice. Then i will prob expand criid but im not sure what with. any ideas???

Agreed with Ozz, the Criid starter box is one of the more solid starters out there. Witchlings are always useful no matter what Guild master you take(I prefer Death Marshels myself, but a lot of people will contest that). Samael is a offensive juggernaut if you can place him properly, but if he gets caught out by himself don't expect him to hold out under much punishment.

I personally have not tried the Fire Gamin being a lucius player, but I've heard people actually don't like the gamin all that much. It is incredibly common to see Criid with Witchling Stalkers and for a good reason. Could be worth trying out though, everyone has a different play style and they could complement how you play.

Don't need the stalkers for starting, you just kill your opponents casters and summon them for free and make your opponent sad that their friend is now brainwashed and has to kill people:P Don't like it when it happens to me, and the fact that spell can 1 shot my master if i don't do well on stopping the dmg:)

• 2 weeks later...

ok, got the witch hunter box. i dont like the fact samael is a cross dresser so i gave him new shoes. I then decided that if im gonna convert one model i will convert them all. criid has her sword planted in the ground at her feet with a new chain, the stalker with two swords has had the top sword raised upwards for a more aggresive pose, the stalker with the gun has a bigger gun (thanks necromunda) and the one pointing forward is now casting a fire ball from his hand (dosnt make sence fluff wise but then neither does marcu's fire ball) i will post some pics when i start painting :D

Glad you chose to side with the guild & I dont have a problem with Sam's boots they are just a pair of rather flashy cowboy boots as are Sonia's for that matter hence the resemblance between the two. I haven't converted any of the stalkers I did them straight out of the box but will do so with the second set & I like your idea's

Samael Hopkins is definitely worth a look. I don't personally like the mini for him but between flaming bullets and rapid fire, he can dish out far too much damage to ignore. He's a bit of a glass cannon so if you take him, he makes a good target for the frame for murder scheme.

Also the executioner is worth a look, the mini is really nice and he can be really useful in game too. I've found he's good against a lot of weaker opponents because he heals all wounds if he kills something. Against stronger opponents his low defense can be bad if you can't finish them in melee in one go.

Other than that, the Ortega box is a good next step as they can all pretty much just go straight into any guild crew and add a lot of punch.

Samael Hopkins is definitely worth a look. I don't personally like the mini for him but between flaming bullets and rapid fire, he can dish out far too much damage to ignore. He's a bit of a glass cannon so if you take him, he makes a good target for the frame for murder scheme.

I played Sam for the first time last night and he was a champ. He killed an Ice Golem in a single shot (Flaming Bullets with a - - twist and I pulled weak, weak, red joker, severe). A few turns later he put Rasputina down.

That being said he is a huge glass cannon and very situational. He really needs to have a fair bit of protection. I believe he'll only be worth his points in a Criid crew facing a high CA crew that relies on spells for damage.

• 2 weeks later...