Leveticus & crew

c0un7_z3r0

Hi!

I just got my "The Desolate and the Soulless"-box and desolation engine and have slowly begun the painting process. First out is a SPA and I've wanted the skin to look more zombie-like than the "official" paint-scheme but without loosing the bio/necro-tech look. The mini is not really done yet except the flesh which is pretty much done! Comments and critique are more than welcome!

picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=1302

Thanks! The metals, brain and the bag o'bowels will all get additional attention. Those areas are just painted in their base-colors and washed in either Devlan Mud or Badab Black and was done so only to give me an idea of how the flesh color came along.

The flesh was fairly simple to paint although time consuming, but considering its my second attempt at this method I might be able to speed it up a little.

So, for the flesh I've used the following GW-colours: skull white, leviathan purple, red gore, catachan green, rotting flesh and space wolves gray. Apart from those I've also used Vallejo glaze medium.

Stage 1. The mini is based in Skull White followed by a wash of Leviathan Purple.

Stage 2. I dabbed Red Gore where I wanted it to shine through, in retrospect, this didn't give much effect. Then I dabbed Catachan Green where I wanted it to shine through, on most raised areas basically but without covering them. This did have some effect however unlike the red.

Stage 3. I mixed Space Wolves Gray and Rotting Flesh (3/1) and a small drop of Skull White, so I got this gray-green-bluish kind of mix. Here I also added an appropriate amount of Glaze Medium and water to get a really thin, well glaze i suppose, or close to it. This mix was first applied to all the raised areas to mark them out and then carefully added to recesses. And so I kept doing until I was satisfied basically, trying to leave some of the purple, green and red shining through the mix where it seemed appropriate. I don't know the proper painting terminology for this method, but I hope that I managed to give you a clue of what I did anyway!

Cheers!

Edited by c0un7_z3r0