Base accesory's?

smurfORnto

I know,but I aint shelling out 10$ just for a lamp...dunno why are their accesories and bases so darn expensive,you can get 10 bases of great quality and look for 10$,from wyrd you get 5 for 13.5$. SInce I am student,I have to pay attention to get as cheap as possible,simply cant afford that expensive stuff.

If you need lamp posts I use these:

http://www.stamperia.com/eng/img_prod.php?codice=KTR50

in my local hobby shop this pack costs about 5$. so that's 2,5$ per lamp... and the shaft is hollow so you can add LEDs inside the lamp for lighting...

http://www.stamperia.com/eng/elencoprodotti.php?recordinizio=20&cod_grupp=065&cod_sott_grupp=002

after I painted it (sorry for the bad photo - but you can see the size of the lamp compared to Ramos):

100_7015.JPG

I know,but I aint shelling out 10$ just for a lamp...dunno why are their accesories and bases so darn expensive,you can get 10 bases of great quality and look for 10$,from wyrd you get 5 for 13.5$. SInce I am student,I have to pay attention to get as cheap as possible,simply cant afford that expensive stuff.

Not sure Im following. You get 10 30mm bases for 3$ and get for 4 Lamps for the 10$ which works out to 2.50$ a lamp....

in my local hobby shop this pack costs about 5$. so that's 2,5$ per lamp... and the shaft is hollow so you can add LEDs inside the lamp for lighting...

http://www.stamperia.com/eng/elencoprodotti.php?recordinizio=20&cod_grupp=065&cod_sott_grupp=002

Nice catch, if wanted to light my build Id definatly consider those. Wouldnt mind seeing more pics of the table either.

Not sure Im following. You get 10 30mm bases for 3$ and get for 4 Lamps for the 10$ which works out to 2.50$ a lamp....

I'm thinking Harbinger is referring to the pack of 10 plain black plastic bases, not the insert packs where you do indeed get 5 in a pack. He is also referring to the scenery pack which consists of only street lamps, which I'd link for you but my food is ready now.

Edit: Yay Stern!

I'm thinking Harbinger is referring to the pack of 10 plain black plastic bases, not the insert packs where you do indeed get 5 in a pack. He is also referring to the scenery pack which consists of only street lamps, which I'd link for you but my food is ready now.

Edit: Yay Stern!

bah didnt catch what he meant by the 5 bases for 13.50$

Sorry, shouldnt be reading forums at same time trying to debug a server.

bah didnt catch what he meant by the 5 bases for 13.50$

Sorry, shouldnt be reading forums at same time trying to debug a server.

That is what I thought as I have just bought 10 30mm liped bases & they cost me £1.10, I cant recall the price of the inserts as I do my own & like them fairly simple, so have not bought any so far.

yea,those 4 for 10$ aint bad.

btw. any idea where to find chimney thing,something similiar to this one:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7fE75jNK_VA/TYDS9khsSqI/AAAAAAAAAns/KCur_GsaxPU/s1600/ar_fiach_group.jpg

Sure, craft isle at Dollar Store to grab some thumbtacks and foamboard.

Start with ...

20111210174602.th.jpg

7 minutes latter....

20111210174945.th.jpg

20111210174733.th.jpg

Granted its a bit crappy but if had some talent and spent 15minutes instead to measure the grooves, line up the blocks on edges, and put a real paint job on it (oh and glue it together,) it would be suitable in a pinch or budget. IE.. this just to express idea not trying make something for actual use ;)