Zombie Chihuahua

Nurse

Rotten Belle x2

Punk Zombie

Bayou Gremlin x2

Ronin x2

Convict Gunslinger

Bad Juju

With the my collection, how would you split the Sidekicks and Pawns between the Masters both in 3-way games and 4-way games? I'm asking you because I don't have much experience with Puppet Wars, though I would love to play it much more. This I figure I can do by using my existing collection and bring it around with me to the club and stuff. I hope my friends will catch on as well, though I doubt they will buy into Puppet Wars seeing as it's a board game and the availability of models is quite limited (ie, you have to buy eight at a time and you may not want all of them), keeping the cost a little high for a game that'd be nice to have but which people might not want to go all out with like I have.

So I was hoping you gurus would take the time to help me out here. I'd like to have a few different lists lying in my carry case so that if I play with one, two or three of my friends we always have a few lists to choose from that we know are balanced between each other. This would be a really nice alternative to picking Puppets yourself, seeing as those of my friends who will like the game though not buy it themselves will not get to play very often, and so will not familiarize themselves with the individual Puppets and may not grow comfortable with synergies between the models in my collection.

I hope you have some interesting insight and some nice points to offer, and I really appreciate anything you have to say to this subject.

In the (hopefully near) future I'd like to bolster my collection with the Pawns Booster Pack 2, containing the following (listed below for ease of reference!)

Death Marshal

Guild Hound

Guild Autopsy

Zombie Chihuahua

Razorspine Rattler

Malifaux Cherub

Mature Nephilim

Convict Gunslinger

Then later Pawns Booster 3

Guild Austringer

Nurse

Punk Zombie

Ice Golem

December Acolyte

Silurid

Hog Whisperer

Piglet

Seeing as I haven't yet found a way to buy individual Puppets, is this the way to do it?

Kind regards

Steffen

Edited by Wifstrand

There are some people selling individual puppets on the forum.

https://wyrd-games.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107

I agree and am in a similar position as you are in. I own everything and bring it around to play with. I typically let whoever else is playing select the master they want and then pick from what is left over. We then go through the remaining puppets and pick a list. If there are new players, we play with 4 puppets and the puppet master. If they players have some experience, we play with 8 puppets.

With the puppets you have, you won't be able to be a 4 player game with the 8 puppet toy box. At 3, you will be able to make it.

As far as sidekicks, Marcus and Joss work really well together. I really like Lady J and the Judge, but Nino is also amazing. Seamus works really well with Bete and Pandora (who is the only one I don't typically play) is said to work well with Kade.

The core groups I would make (for the masters I tend to play) are:

Lady J

-Judge

-Death Marshal

-Executioner

-Astringer

Marcus

-Joss

-Moleman

-December Acolyte

-Razorspine Rattler

-(possibly the Silurid, I really like him with Marcus)

Seamus

-Bete

-Punk Zombie

-Rotten Belle x2

Depending on the size of the game you want to play this could work on its own. Equally, and I think this is really important to remember. Many of the puppets work well together (even outside of suite) and each suite has its strengths and weaknesses. (Masks --> Movement etc...) So the lists can contain an untold number of variations depending on how each person likes to play, especially when you take into account using upgrades. Taking an executioner to tear apart for his upgrade or a moleman for his, in my mind is a decent strategy and something to consider in list building, especially in larger games. I played yesterday and took 4 teddies simply to tear three apart and take their upgrades on the 4th, making an insane killing machine.

I would sit, read all the cards, and try different combinations to see what works well for you, make some basic lists for people to try, and then use the draft system so everyone can start creating their own unique lists.

Not sure if that helped, feel like I have kind of rambled at this point.

Well we'll just play with less than eight Puppets each, then!

Is it a good idea to go all out on one suite for a Master? Like only Crows for Seamus, only Rams for Lady Justice etc. Will it make for an interesting game, or is it just stupid? This would be a nice way to introduce people - to give them extremely themed forces.

Do you have nothing for Pandora? Theorymachine is fine too! Personally from reading her stat card over and over I'm underimpressed: On one hand I'm not really a fickle deceiver and manipulator like she seems to require her controller to be, and second she seems like she needs too much planning.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have a game very soon, and I will probably use Seamus seeing as I quite like that fella. I don't know how many Puppets (most likely between 8 and 12) so I am thinking this for a core:

Seamus

Sebastian

Nurse

Punk Zombie

Zombie Chihuahua

Rotten Belle x2

Ronin x2

This would build upon Seamus' ability to bring back Belles, the Zombie Chihuahua's ability to eat Decay Counters off of ressurected (pun intended) Belles and the Nurse's upgrade High Heels' ability to give out Decay Counters (to Sebastian). Many of the abilities in here require Crow cards which is why the Ronins are in there. They are capable and quick fighters so they can run out do some damage then I can use their Garage Sale to draw up to my maximum hand size, hopefully getting some Crows.

If we are playing with 10 Puppets I will add Bete Noire (to go with Seamus' Exhausting ability) and a Witchling Stalker (to Sew Up whoever gets the honour of wearing the Nurse's High Heels in order to let them animate twice in a turn and give Decay Counters to Sebastian so much faster).

If we are playing with 12 Puppets (which I hope) I will add Joss (to wear the High Heels and cause Rips to himself, netting himself a Powerful +1 counter each time and granting Sebastian a Decay Counter). This would quickly let me have two Puppets that could basically kill more or less any other Puppet in a single strike. I would finally add the December Acolyte in order to use it's Hunting ability to further ensure I have loads of cards for abilites requiring Crows and for Dodging. Thoughts?

I don't know what my opponent will use. He will use my miniatures, I know nothing more than that!