Burton Malifaux nights

EvilGinger

We will be running regular Malifaux Games nights at Spirit Games in Burton on Trent

When - Tuesday

Time - 7pm to 10pm

Location - Spirit Games

114-115 Station Street

Burton on Trent

DE14 1BX

Directions & local parking

http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/contact.php

contact details

salnphil@spiritgames.co.uk

dates are posted on the Spiritgames website events page

http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/wants.php & on the friends of SpiritGames group on facebook where I am admin

Tuesday 6th of December had one game which went on most of the evening Played Sonia vrs Hoffman in a Slaughter & lost by one point due to a line of trees giving him cover and Hoffman's ability to heal when other stuff round him heals. Really good game and as always with Maliflaux a lot of fun.

The extra figures for my Rasputina crew arrived so I may give them a go next week if I can get them done

:sonniaworking on :rasputina

Dates this will run this month are Tuesday 13th & 20th & we have something special planed for the 20th though there will be cake & a bit of a party atmosphere, and the games will restart in January on the 3rd come over and have fun

I would also point out we have a first class bar in the Roebuck across the road & are happy to was down either victory or defeat with a fine pint.

Tuesday 13th we where down on numbers as the seasons duties dragged away many of the regulars. I had a good time trying to teach Mr Spiritgames himself how to play Somerteeth Jones & all about gremlins. Not that I constitute any sort of an expert in Gremlins . I had uneasy dreams of pigapults that night.

Even so I am looking forward to the 20th and our Malifaux Christmass party

:sonnia40ss + :asonnia &:rasputina40ss so far but more being worked on thought about plotted over

Just got back from the Christmass Special & had a damned good time with one win one loss, first game against Mc Mourning & boy the lad is tough as he single handedly ate my Sonia crew & stole all their Christmass presents on his first outing. Second was a bit of revenge as the same player tried the same with Lady J & Sonia turned her into a stalker when the attempted repeat of his previous master assassination went wrong.

Other than that the party was excellent particularly the cake & the beer with the only let down being that no one got to have a go at Mr Spirit Games new Gremlin crew, quite looking forward to all that bacon after Sonnia's finished with them, but the good thing is it was because the shop had been busy and he was catching up on things including a partial Malifaux restock.

My extra Gamin came in as did my Austridger (sp) but not my extra guard.

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from the latest meet got to play Phil & got thrashed by his new pigapult. I should have fielded my austinger but he is not quite done so I left him at home. I shall know next time.

Edit I was actually forced to fight a collection of elderly goblins blue tacked on to the appropriate sized bases as the Malifaux figures where not yet finished, but practice was wanted

Edited by EvilGinger
corection

430497_321202921254372_188054421235890_855587_1098904155_n.jpg

The dreaded Pigapult in action last night against Molly & her nefarious Resurrectionists

Last night the pig based crew finally went into battle. All went well until Som'er Teeth Jones drew a black joker followed by 2, 1 and 3, at which point he ran off in disgust leaving the remaining gremlins and piglets to be eaten by a three-headed dog.

Leggo you would be more than welcome & I have to mention the Club bar across the road is good for a pint & nibbles.

Mister_Q I would love that one of Tim Burton's animations would be very cool however ifs in Burton on Trent which might be where the aforesaid Tim's name comes form you never know.

Any way I am rather hoping to try out my Rasutina crew tonight & see how they work

Edited by EvilGinger

All the dates are up until the end of March on the friends of Spirit Games Group on Facebook & this Forums Calender but here they are

March 6th

March 13th

March 20th

March 27th

& we will be running a campaign game alongside our more normal casual practice & Demonstration games.

& finally some pictures of the Groups Crews

post-6189-1391192185532_thumb.jpg

All of which are by Jervis

post-6189-1391192185482_thumb.jpg

post-6189-13911921855023_thumb.jpg

post-6189-13911921855144_thumb.jpg

Last Night the 7th of Febuary was a good night at Spirit Games as I was combining teaching & demoing & even got to win. I generally try to lose Demo games after a close fight but one but it ended up with Sonia the guild captain & a guild guard against a lone bayou gremlin & a pigapult with no ammunition there are it seems limits to recklessness & what it can achieve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This went rather well with two new players one a magic (MTG) regular Dan who spent all evening teaching Jarvis how to play Puppet wars the Malifaux themed board game with figures lovingly painted by Sally and a new chap who turned up with an undercoated Ramos crew box& managed to beat me in a Destroy the evidence game by spamming Spiders at Jervis advice to stop me getting at the evidence markers & against Phil who used his new exploding pigs to good advantage and slaughtered the poor soul.

I had to leave prematurely as I was well on my way to falling asleep in the shop but I did get Eric's Lilith crew together & they should be usable very soon.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I may as well post in here and support the local group too. I am looking forward to this campaign you are proposing , we talked a little about it on Tuesday. Should be fun. This is Jarvis btw.

Indeed I will have a set of campaign rules ready for next Tuesday but the basics are as discussed with each side having a virtual 50 Soul stone Brawl crew as a starting point but only being able to field 35 Soul stones worth at any one time with the rest acting as a reserve.

Victory points won will count as Soul Stones & allow you to buy more models & expand what you can field "killed" masters henchmen & unique minions are counted as seriously wounded & out of commission until they are healed using soul stones & healing flips or waiting thee games for them to heal normally. Non unique stuff is just dead & has to be rehired or drawn from the reserve.

Various other stuff will be covered as it happens but the theme of the game will be the exploration of a second city on Malifaux one which is much more ruinous & possibly older than the first....

I will try to post campaign reports as they happen

• 2 months later...

Just to say that Burton Malifaux nights are now on the last Tuesday of the month so the next one is 29th of may

in the mean time there is Beer & Pretzels on the 12th 13th of May at which there will be casual demo's by me & I hope to rope in some of the local Henchmen as well.

• 2 months later...

Do you Still have them pictures you took of mine and Eric's game?

Also just a heads up to everyone in the Burton Area the next malifaux night is tommorow , things should be kicking off sometime after 6 (I think half 6-ish is the usual). My Dogs are getting hungry , may have to give them another run out xD