Effects on Bad Juju

Buhallin

Question

Pretty sure we got this one right, but wanted to drop it out there to confirm.

In a game a while back, I managed to nail Juju with the Hanged's Whispers From Beyond so he could not be healed for the rest of the game (and to forestall the obvious question - I had an Insidious Madness as well). Juju then died and eventually returned via Eternal. Is the Whispers effect still on him?

Our read was that it was, since it's the same Juju returning to life, but I thought I'd put it out there.

But it does bring up a more interesting question... Looking at this, it seems that any effects that were on Juju when it died would still be on it when it came back into play. There's nothing that specifically removes effects from killed models; the model just leaves play in a specific manner. And it comes back in during the End Closing, which is after Resolve Effects, so whatever was on it would stick around throughout the next turn.

Am I missing something in there?

4 answers to this question

How does it work with Leveticus? Do effects remain on him?

Up till now I've been convinced all the effects end on death. I actually considered Bad Juju returning to game a "new" model for all the rules' purposes. I'll look through the book and cards when I have the moment and post a follow up shortly.

Ok, here's the follow up:

Page 13 states only the models "in play" can be affected by effects.

That would mean going out of play automatically purges all the ongoing effects (as they cannot affect the model anymore, and they must affect it to remain ongoing, the way I see it).

Note, that Bury has a special rule making it an exception - the model remains in game even when it's out of play due to bury, and the rule is specific that the ongoing effects on the model remain.

That further indicates, IMHO, that the effects get purged in other out-of-play situations.