Starting Ramos: Steamborg vs. 2 Large arachnids. Your Thoughts?

studderingdave

I figure ill start an Arcanist crew just to have one of each "faction" plus it gives me more crews when i demo the game at my LGS. looking for input on this 35ss list:

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Ramos -- 6 Pool

Mobile Toolkit [3ss]

Large Steampunk Arachnid [5ss]

Large Steampunk Arachnid [5ss]

Steampunk Arachnid [3ss]

Steampunk Arachnid [3ss]

Steampunk Arachnid [3ss]

Steampunk Arachnid Swarm [9ss]

would you run an executioner over the 2 large arachnids? your thoughts.

Depends on scenario and board setup. Also I found more use with executioner with turn 2 reactivate from brass or rusty. He dies its what he does but he takes everything with him. Against living crews you have terrifying that is a bonus.

Executioner works great at killing and getting to key models. Supported by activation control spiders can give can allow you to get him there when you want, but he will die after.

Large are two targets which can help survivability. They are also great for cheap scarlet counters for avatar Ramos and lazerus. They are slower moving up board but decent charge threat range. They can definitely hit hard enough.

I prefer the duel large steampunk Arachnids compared to the executioner if you are looking for a core build, i'd only take one steampunk arachnid and add in a soulstone miner. For demo purposes the executioner is better beings it comes in the box. but personally i think the executioner is great as an assassination model but it will not survive return fire. The large steampunk is great its significant and most importantly drops 3 scrap counters when it dies. These are vital if you end up running avatar Ramos and you will want to get him to avatar, his avatar is just better. But I'd suggest just running 1 and changing the other to a soulstone miner.

I would turn to the Large's as well I have run both and seem to have noticed that when people see the exicutioner that it seems to be a priority target and seems to take a lot of shots quick. the two spiders give you more to startijise with and the chanse to hit with two very good close combat modles from two differant angles. I do think though it would depend on the scmemes you have which you should take.